Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: This bugs me a bit.

This bugs me a bit.

I've noticed that whenever a submission is made, it automatically gets one view. I'd assume this is because the creator is included as a view, but whatever.
    Is this bugging anyone else?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    No.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fayv
    No it doesn't really bug me. I mean my computer is one unique view. I never really think much of those stats anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    No it doesn't really bug me. I mean my computer is one unique view. I never really think much of those stats anyway though.
    Eh alright. Sorry if this was a dumb thread to make. ;n;
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Here's my crappy art also, so have fun with it.
    https://www.weasyl.com/profile/sinakkro

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinakkro View Post
    Eh alright. Sorry if this was a dumb thread to make. ;n;
    No problem. It's something that you had issue with so it doesn't hurt to share. I think in this case it just doesn't bother us as much.

And, hey, you did view it. It's not like we're going to run out of numbers anytime soon.

Weasyl
    Jinggo78
    This doesn't bother me.

To OP: you didn't state why it bothers you. Does +1 to your total views offset your expectations? Are you running a spreadsheet of some kind?

I'm actually wondering what happens to the views when a non-registered user views a submission or Journal that isn't hidden by adult filters. Does it only count unique IP's as one view? If so, what about people on shared computers like at a net cafe or library? Or people on a proxy server? Then you'd actually lose views in that scenario. Assuming you actually had multiple Weasyl users in the same net cafe which doesn't seem very likely. We're not that popular yet.