Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Werewolf!

Werewolf!

Welcome to Werewolf, a dark and devious game where everyone must fight their way to survival!

Early note for those who may or may not wish to participate and are reading this post: Please do not sign up if you will not be active throughout the duration of the game period.

In a small town (population however many people sign up), all the people who sign up are living happily together. Many don't know, however, that one (maybe two or three depending on the number of people who sign up) of the villagers is actually a werewolf. Suddenly, he/she/they start attacking! The villagers must unite to destroy the wolf, but who could it be?

There are two sets of rules, one for each phase. The phase changes will be about 12 hours apart to mimic a real day.

Day Phase:
    • This is a time for discussion, in which you can make accusations or say stuff to try to defend yourself (if people are after you).
      • Exception: Dead players may not make any accusations or other statements which may change the course of the game.
    • At the end of this phase, the votes made will be tallied and the winner will be killed. In the case of a tie, one of the winners will be chosen randomly to die.
    • When changing votes, please make a new post. I go through this topic reading each post once. If you edit a post that I've already seen to change your vote and you don't make a new reply, it is highly likely I will not see or count your changed vote.
    • There are no rules regarding truthfulness of statements. Anything anyone says can be the truth, a fib, or a downright blatant lie. You may not even be able to trust your own judgement on who to trust!
    • Strategy tip: No matter who you are, do not reveal your role.
    • I will make sure the day is at least 12 hours long or until all players have voted.

Night Phase:
    • Everyone shuts up. Discussion can occur during the day or via PM.
    • The wolf, seer, and guardian all set out to perform their roles (performed via reply to the original game PM I send you). Note that roles mean almost nothing during the day.
    • Once I receive all PMs, night will end. I will terminate night after 12 hours whenever I get on next to ensure night does not last forever in the case of an idle player.

The Roles
    • Wolf - You are the enemy in the game. Each night, you are allowed to kill one player. (I will forbid you from killing another wolf.) During the day you must blend in with the villagers in order to survive to the end of the game.
    • Seer - You are a villager with a very special power. Each night, you are allowed to see the role of one player. This can be a very helpful tool as you can see.
    • Guardian - You are a villager with a very special power. Each night, you are allowed to guard one player from the wolves. If the wolves attack the guarded player, the attack will not occur. However, if you guard the wolf, the wolf will kill you instead of the target.
    • Angel - You are a villager with a not-so-special power. You are "automatically guarded" each night--you cannot be killed by wolves, regardless of whether a guardian guards you.
    • Traitor - You are a villager with no special powers whatsoever. You don't know you are the traitor. However, to the seer you will appear as the wolf. Beware, seers!
    • Villager - A player with no special role. You hunt down the werewolves.
    • Other roles:
      • Ghost - 11 players. Is a regular villager, but may kill one player the night after he/she dies.
      • Cupid - 13 players. Is a regular villager, but chooses two players the first night. These two players will be lovers. When one lover dies, so does the other one. (Strategy tip: The two lovers should form a team.)
      • Fool - 14 players. The fool thinks he/she is a seer, but receives random roles instead of the real ones. Each random role may or may not be correct.
      • Devil - 22 players. The devil is a seer, but wins with the wolves rather than the villagers.
      • Extra wolves - second at 12, third at 17, fourth at 23.
      • Extra guardian - second at 24.

The roles are handed out randomly at the beginning of each game using a small tool I made in Python. The source code is on Pastebin if you're interested in checking it out.

This seems like a pretty exhaustive list. If there's anything you're confused about, feel free to post. Obviously I'm hosting this or I would not be making this topic.

Please post here if you want to play, adding your name to a list.

On Sunday or whenever there are enough people to play (whichever comes second), I will start the game. It will still be in this topic so nobody should have a problem finding it. Everyone will be sent a role PM rather than just special roles so nobody can be confused about when the game starts or the roles they have. If I remember I will include a link to the starting post (not a single-post link) in the PM.

Happy hunting!

Dibs.
    I'll be here unless internet decides to die globally

Well, that's one

• SirCoffeeCup

need more

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I'm all for it! I was a werewolf once on a FAF game and I got pretty far (didn't win though :c )

• SirCoffeecup
    • Tiger

We need more! D: I can't do this game without at least ten players, so...

Yay for Tiger! Also I played this on faf as well. Got lynched pretty early as well :C

This game needs more players. Come on and join! It's great fun

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    I'll sign up

But I have dibs on hosting the next one o:

(future people who join please add this to your post with your name)

1. SirCoffeecup
    2. Tiger
    3. Tybby

Just seven more players needed before I can get this ball rolling, though I'd like it if there were more than that... come on, people, it'll be fun! Trust me.

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Ill join. Sounds like fun.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    (future people who join please add this to your post with your name)

1. SirCoffeecup
    2. Tiger
    3. Tybby
    AtomiKamikaze will join the bunch.