Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Werewolf!

1. SirCoffeecup
    2. Tiger
    3. Tybby
    4. PapayaShark
    5. AtomiKamikaze

Halfway there 'w'
    Last edited by Kitten; 08-01-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    "Traitor - You are a villager with no special powers whatsoever. You don't know you are the traitor. However, to the seer you will appear as the wolf. Beware, seers!"

I this just a miller role, or is it different somehow

The traitor is a wrench thrown into the game to make a bit harder for seers. Same for the Fool, though even more unwittingly since they think they are the seer.

If Google is right and you're referring to a role in Mafia (I've never played, myself) then yeah it's the same.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    The traitor is a wrench thrown into the game to make a bit harder for seers. Same for the Fool, though even more unwittingly since they think they are the seer.

If Google is right and you're referring to a role in Mafia (I've never played, myself) then yeah it's the same.
    In Mafia, there's a lot fewer rolls. I've played it different ways (and I play Mafia IRL but each group I've been in does it a bit differently).

The roles are Mafia, Citizen, Doctor, and Sheriff. Mafia choose to kill one player each night, the Doctor will choose one person to keep safe each night, and the Sheriff gets one guess as to who is in the Mafia. I've never played with a "Traitor" or "Angel" role.

Now I'm a bit confused as to the Angel. So the player can only be killed if the villagers vote them off? It just seems odd to me and it ups the chances of a win for the townspeople (if the wolf cannot kill the angel).

Or maybe I'm thinking too deeply? D:

The angel is sort of the lynchpin of the townspeople: if the wolf can't somehow get the villagers to vote off the angel during the day, the only result of the game is the town winning (wolf dies) or a tie (only angel and wolf left alive). This version of the game is taken from the Zathyus Networks support forums (which ran something like 30 consecutive games of this with a variety of outcomes and players) so it can be tweaked around however people see fit when they run it in the future (like Tybby will if this one turns out well).

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post

Miller = Normal town who appears scum when seer'd

Traitor = scum player detatched from the wolf team, who wins when they win (neither group having communication with or knowledge of the other)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Now I'm a bit confused as to the Angel. So the player can only be killed if the villagers vote them off? It just seems odd to me and it ups the chances of a win for the townspeople (if the wolf cannot kill the angel).

Or maybe I'm thinking too deeply? D:
    Basically a villager with infinite armor, is my impression

Which is fucking great

A player totally unafraid of the wolves can rile them up as much as they want

I expect the wolves will probably ignore the most active player for this reason
    Last edited by Tybby; 08-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Traitors win with the villagers, not the wolves. It's a poorly-named group, I'll give you that.

We didn't get nearly as many players as we needed, so I guess we're not doing this. >:C

Weasyl
    Brenda Banks
    lets do this shit

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    1 wolf 5 vanilla town

is a balanced comp. let's go