Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Fiz

What fandoms did you used to be in? What fandoms are you in now?

Starting from when I was pretty young (10) and just starting online...

• Powerpuff Girls
    • Dragon Ball Z
    • Invader ZIM/JTHM
    • Sonic
    • Earthbound/Mother
    • Professor Layton

Currently in the Pokemon fandom and FKMT fandom. Pokemon fandom I've basically been in since I first picked up the games (when I was 10!). Never stopped loving it. I only started getting into FKMT a short time ago. I don't really produce anything for the fandom, but I look at the art and stories for it a lot.

I left the other fandoms I was in mostly over losing interest in either the source material or the fandom itself, but with Sonic it was just being really sick of most of the people in the fandom. I seriously haven't seen a fandom full of such vitirol ever, and I know I contributed my fair share of it myself.

So, what were/are you guys into?

I'm usually not "in" fandoms so far as I don't really take part in communities centered around things but do enjoy them quite a bit. I guess you could say I was in the Legend of Zelda and Sonic fandoms just for taking part in and running RP forums based off them. You could probably consider me part of the Homestuck fandom, moreso now that I'm rereading and taking active interest in it. And of course, the furry fandom, though I tend to keep a good distance from the bulk of it due to drama llamas both figurative and literal.

I am currently not in any fandom at the moment, I just enjoy JRPGs, Pokemon and FKMT but chose not to get involved.

Oh, I suppose the Metroid fandom counts as well, considering my neurotic obsession with that series' continuity (same with LoZ in that regard).

used to be in the sonic fandom a long time ago and pokemon

now its (still) pokemon earthbound homestuck and i guess gravity falls
    tmblr - fa - da

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I like many, many, many things. Listing 'em? Impossible. Everything you like, other people like and thus, everything has a fandom.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Strangely I never fully considered what fandom I was actually in since I've long since disconnected myself from public places. But hey, let's take a crack anyway.

• Sonic
    • Inuyasha
    • Dragonball Z
    • Megaman
    • Mario

Like Fiz said above, the Sonic fandom is so horrible. I actually still enjoy some really good Sonic art from time to time and I still have a favorite character but reconnecting with the fandom is something I'd like to avoid. And while I still enjoy Megaman a great deal, the entire fallout with Capcom and the fans makes it a little difficult to enjoy with someone lamenting the loss of Inafune or how Capcom is kicking shit in the fans face about Legends 3 every time you mention Megaman. My current fandom I guess you can say is Rayman. There's plenty of terrible stuff in it though, but nothing I can't over look.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I like many, many, many things. Listing 'em? Impossible. Everything you like, other people like and thus, everything has a fandom.
    I don't mean just 'list things you like'. I mean if you participated in the fandom of said thing.

I like Zelda and Harvest Moon but I never participated in those fandoms. etc.

Weasyl
    shane
    I rarely ever say that I'm "in" a fandom, unless watching people freak out on tumblr counts as being in it.

I used to be in the Homestuck fandom. I got out of that shit real fast.

Right now I'm chilling in the Legend of Korra/Avatar fandom. It's nice and quiet between seasons.
    sometimes I wish for falling
    wish for the release
    wish for falling through the air
    to give me some relief

because falling's not the problem;
    when i'm falling, i'm in peace.
    it's only when i hit the ground
    it causes all the grief

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I don't mean just 'list things you like'. I mean if you participated in the fandom of said thing.

I like Zelda and Harvest Moon but I never participated in those fandoms. etc.
    Well, imo saying "Hey, I played OoT and it was cool" is enough participation to include in the Zelda fandom.