Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum Mafia Game

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Fayv

Forum Mafia Game

For those that have never played, Mafia is a game where players are broken into different roles and mafia members try to kill off the townspeople as the townspeople try to find the mafia members

The game is broken up into two phases.

There is the day phase, where players will vote on who they believe is a mafia member. that member will be removed from the game. A vote goes through if it has support from the majority of the players. The day phase ends when someone is removed from the game, or a preset amount of time has passed.

The night phase is where mafia members will vote on one player to kill. It is also the time when the detective is active and will select the member they believe to be the mafia. Night phase is complete when the night actions are complete.

There are three roles in this game

Townspeople: this is any player of the game, they act during the day and each townsperson gets one vote. A townsperson is out if the majority vote them to be out, the mafia kills them in the night, or the detective selects them in the night.

Mafia: one or several members of the group. These people pretend to be townspeople and vote in the day. At night they select one townsperson to kill.

Detective: acts as a regular townsperson during the day. At night they have the option to select one person they believe to be the mafia and remove them from the game.

The game is over when there are no more mafia, or there are not enough townspeople left to vote the mafia out.

This game will start on friday afternoon, day phases will be given between 24 to 36 hours to complete.
    If you are interested in playing please sign up.

These are fun games that tend to get the forum moving.

------
    mayhem
    sanita
    aden
    Last edited by Fay V; 04-16-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    i read this twice and I still dont think I see the way it works. I will sign up and hopefully figure it out as we go.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fayv
    well I'm happy to answer any questions you might have

basically at the beginning of the game I randomly select mafia members. The other players have to try to figure out who the mafia is before they kill everyone off.

Weasyl
    Tango
    This sounds a lot like Werewolf.

Sure, sign me up.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Aden
    I'll give it a shot!

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fayv
    on hold till we can get 10 players

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Did a live-action version of this years ago in summer camp when it was part of an activity in a series of fun "acting classes" we took. Sign me up!

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Sure, this sounds like it would be amusing!