Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Senior Lucy Bones's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    462
    Three dead, 150 wounded, and nobody is taking responsibility.

    This doesn't look like a terrorist attack, it looks like a psychotic domestic attack from a disgruntled American, to me.

  2. #12
    Senior Tybby's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Land of Emotions and Photons
    Gender
    Moist
    Posts
    224
    Usually the disgruntled want to get their name out though, I think

    Like, all these people who hate the world tend to make a big bang and then off themselves

    unless this guy plans to see how many bombs he can set off before he's caught

    damn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    fuck the victims, I hope more people die.
    omg how could you say that...

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Crabby Admin Term's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Term
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    Right, because I said "fuck the victims, I hope more people die."

    Why is it that anytime a tragedy occurs and someone wants to discuss the broader ramifications of the event, the person is told to be quiet because analyzing what has happened and what may happen because of it is somehow 'disrespectful to the victims?' I am being disrespectful because I want to know if the tragedy will be co-opted as an excuse for more war or the further erosion of our civil liberties? I'm pissing on the dead because I'm not taken in by the mass panic? I devalue the tragedy by thinking ahead as to what this will mean for all Americans, and not just Bostonians?
    Because not 12 hours have gone by from the event and people decide to, as I said, attempt to sound clever/cynical/hip to world politics by starting the talk of "oh I hope the US doesn't take this as the opportunity to invade someone."

    It's as disrespectful as that Infowars douche who sent out a tweet less than a half hour after the bombings already calling this thing a "false flag" event. No one's claimed responsibility. The one lead the authorities had was ruled out. Get over yourself.

    And I do take it personally because I lived 9/11 much like many people did in the tri-state area. I live over 40 miles away from NYC and I could see the smoke rising into the sky from my house. I had family who were there that day. So yeah, I tend to think the focus should be on the victims/victims families//first responders first and foremost instead of someone's BS political commentary during the immediate aftermath of these tragedies.

    Excuse me if I'm a bit frank here, but that's the way I view it.

  4. #14
    Term, honestly he has every right to want to discuss the ramifications of the event regardless of loss of life or people wounded, and it's not in order to "sound clever/cynical/hip to world politics". Some people are curious as to why and how events like this happen, let them think and share their opinions. That doesn't mean they disrespect those who were affected.

  5. #15
    Senior Lucy Bones's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    462
    From what I've heard, evidence is indeed slowly starting to point towards a domestic source for this attack. Possibly an extremist of some sort.

    Though it's all rumors and hearsay, I think.

  6. #16
    Senior Tybby's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Land of Emotions and Photons
    Gender
    Moist
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Term View Post
    Because not 12 hours have gone by from the event and people decide to, as I said, attempt to sound clever/cynical/hip to world politics by starting the talk of "oh I hope the US doesn't take this as the opportunity to invade someone.
    It's so hip of him to hope that this attack isn't used to justify racially charged attacks on and systematic subjugation of an entire people

    Like what an asshole for hoping that omg

    Of course, it's not like there's any reason to think this. It's not like they said "well someone who was there was a minority, so we're going to make him our first lead"

    You know what would have really helped these people though. What would have really helped would be if instead of posting what he did, he had instead said "I belieb in you boston! You can get through this #2012 #Boston Massacre #FuckingArabsBlowingShitUp"

    He's such an asshole because he's not literally right now (because of course you couldn't know anything about any activism this person is doing outside this forum) posting about how he'll help them through the healing power of prayer

    The long and short of it is is that he's allowed to hope more people don't die and it's kind of crazy to say that's disrespectful at all?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    Usually the disgruntled want to get their name out though, I think

    Like, all these people who hate the world tend to make a big bang and then off themselves

    unless this guy plans to see how many bombs he can set off before he's caught

    damn



    omg how could you say that...
    ...You didn't read my entire post, did you? EDIT: Since apparently I have to be bluntly obvious: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I WASN'T ACTUALLY SAYING I WAS GLAD PEOPLE DIED. THAT SENTENCE WAS A SARCASTIC ONE. IS THERE ANYONE READING THIS THREAD THAT UNDERSTANDS THE CONCEPT OF CONTEXT?!




    Well, Term, we'll have to agree to disagree. This attack is a big deal, and there WILL be repercussions from it. The attack is not only affecting the lives of those in and those who knew the people in the blast; it will eventually affect every American, and possibly people in nations beyond, whether that be through strengthening the security state or making the population fearful enough to justify an attack against another country in retaliation. I want to know what the broader implications will be in regards to this event. You seem to be confusing critical thinking with disrespect. If questioning what this event means in a broader social context makes me disrespectful in your eyes, well, color me what you like.

    And not to be rude, but the "I was there" card is irrelevant to this conversation. Because you personally witnessed a national tragedy, I should not be allowed to say what I see happens every time a violent event goes on in this country?

    Looks like we're both doubling down on our opinions here; let me explain why I'm so stubborn. Because while I have never lived in New York I, too, remember the climate of fear immediately after the attack. Yes, I remember mourning the victims, but what I ALSO remember is -

    "Bomb 'em back into the stone age!"
    "Turn 'em into glass!"
    "The only good Arab is a dead one!"

    I remember being queasy at the irrationality I saw in my countrymen, and being afraid to speak out lest I be seen as - with how much people were enraged - more than just disrespectful, but a flat out traitor. I was in high school then, but perhaps if the adults who were internally questioning whether our War on Terror really needed to involve Iraq and other states that had nothing to do with the attack weren't cowed into suppressing their viewpoints, some of these invasions wouldn't have happened, and we wouldn't have lost thousands of soldiers on top of the 3,000 who died on 9/11.

    With all due respect, I will not be blackmailed into not questioning again.
    Last edited by Tigercougar; 04-17-2013 at 04:30 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Tybby's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Land of Emotions and Photons
    Gender
    Moist
    Posts
    224
    Tigercougar I was being facetious really it's all cool ilu

  9. #19
    Senior Brace's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Brace
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    Right, because I said "fuck the victims, I hope more people die."

    Why is it that anytime a tragedy occurs and someone wants to discuss the broader ramifications of the event, the person is told to be quiet because analyzing what has happened and what may happen because of it is somehow 'disrespectful to the victims?
    It's specifically because Term is a terrible subhuman entity who ideally would have died in this bombing.

  10. #20
    Nah, Term's just upset because the attack hit close to home for them.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •