Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Shark Bones

2 Confirmed Dead, Many Injured in Boston Marathon Explosions

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee7_1366052821
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ston-marathon/

This is some pretty bone-chilling stuff, folks.

All I can hope for is that the injured are able to recover and that the families and friends of those deceased are given sentiments and comfort in this rough time.
    Last edited by Lucy Bones; 04-15-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Either ineptitude or maliciousness is at fault here. Either way, those affected have my condolences...

Um...I hope this is not going to cause another frenzy ala immediately after 9/11.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Looks like purposeful terrorism. A couple more devices were found and deactivated by the Boston PD.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Weasyl
    Term
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    Um...I hope this is not going to cause another frenzy ala immediately after 9/11.
    Seriously not the time.

And frankly it's ridiculous to assume this as no group has claimed responsibility and no solid leads have been detained.

The only report we have is of a Saudi national, who according to reports, is here on a student VISA. So I'm not ready to make any sort of claims on some sort of international response for the sake of being cynical or clever when people are critically wounded/dead.

Let's hope that the first responders/medical personnel can try to save as many people as they can with minimal loss of their quality of life.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    and without missing a beat, here they are

They've mentioned picketing the funeral too

sigh

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    and without missing a beat, here they are

They've mentioned picketing the funeral too

sigh
    As always.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    @Tybby post, That just amazes me. My classmate told me Westboro church is thinking about picketing the funerals of these poor people. I hope they rethink doing it because I konw a lot of people from boston.....and this will be a blood bath

Weasyl
    Tango
    I'm a two hour train ride from Boston. Let those fuckers come. I'll just have three to seven baseball bats in a duffle bag for my trip. i'll just say I root for the Red Sox and all if I get stopped.

Sanita
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Term View Post
    Seriously not the time.
    Right, because I said "fuck the victims, I hope more people die."

Why is it that anytime a tragedy occurs and someone wants to discuss the broader ramifications of the event, the person is told to be quiet because analyzing what has happened and what may happen because of it is somehow 'disrespectful to the victims?' I am being disrespectful because I want to know if the tragedy will be co-opted as an excuse for more war or the further erosion of our civil liberties? I'm pissing on the dead because I'm not taken in by the mass panic? I devalue the tragedy by thinking ahead as to what this will mean for all Americans, and not just Bostonians?