Thread: Art Jams

Art Jams

This is sort of a spin-off from Mayhem's topic about community canvases, where the basic idea is to have people draw together. Although I don't have an immediate solution to finding a sharable canvas, I remembered the second-best thing to that- art jams. Might mean differently in some circles, but arts jams for me are basically these art sessions where people get together and draw, usually with a set topic in mind, but normally not necessary. People broadcast their works in progress and just chat, giving one another critique, etc. I remember doing these with people in Tinychat, and they were a lot of fun and a really big motivator in getting to draw a lot more.

So anyone interested in the idea of forming an art jam group?

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    I will join for sure.

I will be making a fight club later after the forum gets a little more popular also. Basically the idea there is to have two artists with different fight characters, they take turn drawing 1-3 pages till they decide they are at the end and let the community vote on the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I will join for sure.

I will be making a fight club later after the forum gets a little more popular also. Basically the idea there is to have two artists with different fight characters, they take turn drawing 1-3 pages till they decide they are at the end and let the community vote on the winner.
    Concept art have something similar called 'Thunderdome' where artists challenge each other and a mediator would choose a topic to depict. (The last one was 'An Alien Nursery') then the forum users vote on the winner.
    Last edited by Tiamat; 04-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    Concept art have something similar called 'Thunderdome' where artists challenge each other and a mediator would choose a topic to depict. (The last one was 'An Alien Nursery') then the forum users vote on the winner.
    Yea I started one on Megatokyo art forums back in like 01 and it did really well. Since then I have done it on a few other forums and each time when I had artists that were active it did really well. Its a fun thing but its best done when the forum gets more active with people who want to improve and have fun with it.

Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie
    I always wanted to join an art jab but I usually can't find any that interest me.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    @Tiger
    You should get this art jam all set up