Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf

Legend of Zelda

Does anyone play Legend of Zelda?

I'm total nerd when it comes to Legend of Zelda. xD I love the series so much I find it the most enjoyable and casual game to play with some rather good puzzles in the game to try and figure out. Often most of the puzzles in the game are a bit too easy to solve for my liking, and it's usually why I almost end up completing the game sooner than most people would normally play through. ^_^;

But that's not to say that I rush through the game, nope… I play at normal speed playing through the game and exploring everything there is to see in the game. :3 When the puzzles are too easy they're passed in a matter of minutes of figuring them out. But it's nice when they stick in there with some hardcore challenges that makes you want to complete them, but course making you retry over and over again after failing each time.

Here's a list I've played so far;

Legend of Zelda (Completed Adventure 1 mode, but not Adventure 2 mode)
    Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of Link (Found this game impossibly hard for some reason and got stuck at 6th-7th Temple and gave up.)
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
    Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
    Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (DSi Virtual Console)
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
    Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Partially and half completed this, but not 100%)
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

Ones I haven't completed was Zelda II, because like I said I gave up on that one getting stuck at the 6th-7th Temple, I needed a certain key to unlock doors but couldn't, plus found it difficult to replenish magic to turn into a fairy to by pass them. –– I haven't played Oracle of Ages or Oracle of Seasons, nor have I completed or played through 100% of Link's Awakening, although I do have it on 3DS as Virtual Console game. –– As for Wind Waker, I had gotten about 67% of the game complete, but haven't gone back to finish it, but I'll probably go back to it when the HD Remake comes to Wii U.
    Last edited by ShadWolf; 02-18-2013 at 01:54 PM.

I've never been able to get a playable copy of Zelda II.. and I keep getting distracted with life in the middle of Oracle of ages and Oracle of Seasons, and forget to finish for so long I decide to just restart because I don't remember what to do anymore.

I didn't like Phantom Hourglass, and didn't play Spirit Tracks... (I would anyway if I had a DS, even if I didn't like them.)

And, I haven't gotten hold of Skyward Sword yet. I want to. I've played the rest. a lot.

I love the series, and I think it's true that the main puzzles and battles are fairly simple, but there's nothing wrong with that. It's a completely different game, and always offers up much harder challenges if you are going for completion rather than finishing.

I also have a question. I'm constantly hearing hate for the Water Temples, especially in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Those are actually some of my favorite levels. Why?

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I've played them all except Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3D, I'm still waiting for the price to go down. I've completed ALttP, OoT, Minish Cap, Four Swords (25th anniversary edition, AKA the better version that was free), Four Swords Adventure, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons & Ages (plus the real boss). Meaning the ones I haven't completed are Zelda 1 & 2 (1 I never remember to actually finish it. 2 I don't like.), Majora's Mask (I don't like it either, burn the heretic), Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (these are terrible) and ofc, Skyward Sword & Ocarina of Time 3D.

My faves are without a doubt ALttP for the 2D and handheld games and Wind Waker for the 3D.

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Roasvo View Post
    I've never been able to get a playable copy of Zelda II.. and I keep getting distracted with life in the middle of Oracle of ages and Oracle of Seasons, and forget to finish for so long I decide to just restart because I don't remember what to do anymore.

I didn't like Phantom Hourglass, and didn't play Spirit Tracks... (I would anyway if I had a DS, even if I didn't like them.)

And, I haven't gotten hold of Skyward Sword yet. I want to. I've played the rest. a lot.

I love the series, and I think it's true that the main puzzles and battles are fairly simple, but there's nothing wrong with that. It's a completely different game, and always offers up much harder challenges if you are going for completion rather than finishing.

I also have a question. I'm constantly hearing hate for the Water Temples, especially in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Those are actually some of my favorite levels. Why?
    Skyward Sword is greatest by far, brilliant music, fantastic story!

Phantom Hourglass was alright, just a lot of travelling on a Ship to get to different islands is the most boring part I think… And Spirit Tracks is almost similar to Phantom Hourglass, except this time you're travelling by train. These games are a carry on from Wind Waker story.

The Water Temple in Ocarina of time is most complained about because it's practically 1 giant maze, there's lots of backtracking involved, plus trying to figure out how to get to the unexplored areas on the map and some people found it pretty annoying. However I didn't really find that much of a problem, I liked the Water Temple.

The Great Bay Temple in Majora's mask is yet another complex one too, lots of backtracking and trying figure out which path takes you where, and since you have the spirit mask of Miku of the Zora's you are in the water a lot and you have to follow current streams in the water which forcefully pulls you in to that path which can be annoying sometimes, especially when you're trying to go into a certain path that's right next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I've played them all except Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3D, I'm still waiting for the price to go down. I've completed ALttP, OoT, Minish Cap, Four Swords (25th anniversary edition, AKA the better version that was free), Four Swords Adventure, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons & Ages (plus the real boss). Meaning the ones I haven't completed are Zelda 1 & 2 (1 I never remember to actually finish it. 2 I don't like.), Majora's Mask (I don't like it either, burn the heretic), Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (these are terrible) and ofc, Skyward Sword & Ocarina of Time 3D.

My faves are without a doubt ALttP for the 2D and handheld games and Wind Waker for the 3D.
    Majora's Mask is a favourite of mine, I like how it gives you 3 days til the Doomsday of Termina, but being able to reset the time and day back to Day 1 again over and over. Plus there's a bunch of variety of challenges and missions to take on to obtain all the Masks and Heart Pieces. The most difficult challenge of all would have to be the Goron Race to get the Gold Dust for forging your sword with, and also the Sword Forging Quest since you have to wait almost 3 Days to get it completed, on Day 1 you have to hand it in to get the Razor Sword, then the 2nd Day with the Gold Dust to forge into the Guilded Sword.

Only one of them I ever played was Twilight Princess. What a game. *Reminisces* Unfortunately, since then I really don't have the time to play long games like Zelda anymore.

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    I used to be quite the Zelda fan back in the day but only really from the Wind Waker onwards. I guess it's a symptom of when I used to be a very casual gamer, but I found Ocarina of Time (Master Quest), Link's Awakening and the Minish Cap too difficult and gave up playing them (though I did get all the way up to the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time!). That's not faulting them as bad games, by the way - Ocarina of Time was a real trailblazer for its time, and I've a fondness for Koji Kondo's soundtrack (Majora's Mask in particular). And I really liked Four Sword Adventures.

Anyway, it's a shame Skyward Sword killed my interest in Zelda for a while (I really didn't like how feminised the art-direction looked, amongst other gripes but that's really just personal taste - not saying it was a badly-designed game!)... but my curiosity hasn't faded in anticipation of whatever the next Zelda will be after Wind Waker HD.
    As things stand presently, I'm still chugging my way along Spirit Tracks, which, I do agree is a slightly better successor to Phantom Hourlgass. I hope that, if Koji Kondo retires, Toru Minegishi picks up the mantle musically speaking, I really like his style.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I've played every game save for Majora's Mask, the Oracle games, Four Swords, annnnd I think Spirit Tracks. I heard Spirit Tracks wasn't that good but I like Zelda games, so.
    I've actually been on a huge Zelda kick lately myself. Favorite games of all time for me were Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. I've not yet played Skyward Sword yet either, but after reading the summary, I don't think I like it very much. :1 I don't have a 3DS and I don't plan on getting one, so I don't think I'll be able to play the OoT remake.

I want a T-Shirt with Nayru's water symbol on it so badly. And Hyrule Historia, the book. I just. Love Zelda so much, hnngh. It's a really good series.
    The music also drives me crazy (in a good way) too.

I love Zelda's theories and timeline speculations. I read the Zeldapedia/Wikis on them all the time, so I can brush up and know a little more about it.

Weasyl
    Pathea
    I loved the games on Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
    For the "new" games, I only played Twilight Princess that I loved so much!

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I ever played and to this day I absolutely -love- it. Unfortunately my memory card got completely erased and my very nearly 100% file is now gone. :c

I play Four Swords a lot with my best friend on our 3DS's. It's often infuriating but somehow it's still extremely fun.

mmm the first zelda I played was Ocarina of time, I couldn't play so much, but I loved the game, later I got Phantom Hourglass since I played this one I couldn't stop playing this game XD I played almost all zeldas. I really love Twilight princess !