Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gender Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bones View Post
    Startin' that estrogen treatment.

Aw yeah.
    awesome! congratulations. I'm just getting past the year mark myself :3
    Last edited by WillowMouse; 01-21-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    follow me on twitter for more anti-capitalism and surrealist humour

Weasyl
    Brace
    Quote Originally Posted by WillowMouse View Post
    dear god I never thought I'd have to use this quote.
    "non binary genders have been around since at least ancient egypt in some form or another. what else from 2000 BC you not gonna believe in? Roads? Beer? Locks?"

I'm gonna need you to sit down with you eurocentric whitewashed view of gender ok?

all I'm hearing is a binarist trans person trying to police the identities of other people which is a really shitty thing to do.

(plus as someone who was born intersex, I'm gonna need you to stop talking about how sex is completely binary because you don't know what you're talking about :3 but idk, maybe pointing out "hey I exist" is to anti-science SJW for you)
    I'm not denying the existence of what you're describing, just taking issue with your classification of it. Transsexualism used to be and in some circles still is considered a form of homosexuality. What you're doing is like getting angry at transsexuals who claim not to be homosexuals, accusing them of denying the existence of gays, and calling them racist because in many cultures this false conflation still holds.

I didn't say anything about sex being binary either. Pull the rocks out of your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    I'm not denying the existence of what you're describing, just taking issue with your classification of it. Transsexualism used to be and in some circles still is considered a form of homosexuality. What you're doing is like getting angry at transsexuals who claim not to be homosexuals, accusing them of denying the existence of gays, and calling them racist because in many cultures this false conflation still holds.

I didn't say anything about sex being binary either. Pull the rocks out of your ears.
    I feel like you're trying to equate non binary gender with being homosexual? I mean I think that's the point you're trying to make. and yes, you're absolutely insisting on sex being binary, in your other posts you've literally insisted that trans people aren't really trans if they haven't literally tried to mutilate their genitals. and that anyone who is even slightly uncaring or even a little ok with their genitals is "not really transsexual" oh my god

Weasyl
    Brace
    I feel like you're trying to equate non binary gender with being homosexual? (1) I mean I think that's the point you're trying to make. and yes, you're absolutely insisting on sex being binary, in your other posts you've literally insisted that trans people aren't really trans if they haven't literally tried to mutilate their genitals (2). and that anyone who is even slightly uncaring or even a little ok with their genitals is "not really transsexual" oh my god
    1) Only within the context of the metaphor
    2) Never said anything about surgery or attempted self-mutilation. Dysphoria doesn't necessitate these things any more than hunger necessitates becoming fat.

Anyway, what does any of that have to do with sex being binary?

1) Only within the context of the metaphor
    2) Never said anything about surgery or attempted self-mutilation. Dysphoria doesn't necessitate these things any more than hunger necessitates becoming fat.

Anyway, what does any of that have to do with sex being binary?
    k well gender is not sexuality. I never thought I'd have to explain that to another trans person holy shit.
    and two, right here.
    In a word, no. Let me know when you've attempted to castrate yourself or woken up crying because of your own body.
    in other posts you also talked about how that person "wasn't really trans and should be ignored"

Weasyl
    Sonata
    I am biologically female, but mentally genderfluid. I have always shown male and female behavior, sometimes male behavior is dominant. My mother thinks it's odd that I don't act like the typical feminine female, but it's not in my nature, and only show my feminine side few times. (I even get yelled at for it heh). But everyone else is fine with it, and I am comfortable with it.

Weasyl
    Brace
    k well gender is not sexuality. I never thought I'd have to explain that to another trans person holy shit.
    You didn't. You might consider looking up what a metaphor is, because I've run out of the patience necessary to continue explaining it to other people.

and two, right here.
    In a word, no. Let me know when you've attempted to castrate yourself or woken up crying because of your own body.
    in other posts you also talked about how that person "wasn't really trans and should be ignored"
    Right. I admit to saying that being dysphoric is necessary to be trans. I didn't say self-mutilation is. What I said was equivalent to pointing out that dysphoria is necessary for a self-mutilation attempt. There are other indications of dysphoria as well, the easiest of which is just a person saying they have it, but that only works if the person is capable of giving a trustworthy report of themselves, which I didn't think Lucy was at the time. So, I tried to think of things that I would accept as evidence in lieu of that. It was a highly charged statement and can't be taken exactly literally.

You didn't. You might consider looking up what a metaphor is, because I've run out of the patience necessary to continue explaining it to other people.

Right. I admit to saying that being dysphoric is necessary to be trans. I didn't say self-mutilation is. What I said was equivalent to pointing out that dysphoria is necessary for a self-mutilation attempt. There are other indications of dysphoria as well, the easiest of which is just a person saying they have it, but that only works if the person is capable of giving a trustworthy report of themselves, which I didn't think Lucy was at the time. So, I tried to think of things that I would accept as evidence in lieu of that. It was a highly charged statement and can't be taken exactly literally.
    so why are you the final arbiter of who is really truly transsexual? seems kinda preachy. you literally used that statement to say "well YOUR dysphoria isn't good enough" to her and how you fail to realize that saying that to another trans person is just blatantly cruel is just beyond me.

Weasyl
    Brace
    so why are you the final arbiter of who is really truly transsexual? seems kinda preachy. you literally used that statement to say "well YOUR dysphoria isn't good enough" to her and how you fail to realize that saying that to another trans person is just blatantly cruel is just beyond me.
    I'm not the final arbiter. I say what I think and I can't do anything to stop others from contradicting me, because they each have their own individual brain. By the same token, popular consensus isn't enough to convince me of the merits of a conflicting argument, because I too am an individual with my own thoughts and requirements for believing things. I guess it was cruel. Really the target wasn't her at all though, just the ideas she was carrying, which I think do a lot more harm than good and have become really exasperated with.

I'm not the final arbiter. I say what I think and I can't do anything to stop others from contradicting me, because they each have their own individual brain. By the same token, popular consensus isn't enough to convince me of the merits of a conflicting argument, because I too am an individual with my own thoughts and requirements for believing things. I guess it was cruel. Really the target wasn't her at all though, just the ideas she was carrying, which I think do a lot more harm than good and have become really exasperated with.
    you're the one who turned this thread into a discussion about how much you hate "non-dysphoric" trans people. literally the first post you made on here is "god I can't stand those silly trans ppl who think they're as good as me, the TRUE trans person" you came into this thread with the intent of "debating" these things that you're so "exasperated" with.