Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gender Identity

Weasyl
    Shark Bones

Gender Identity

So how faggy do the Weasyl forums get? :B

Dost thou relate to a separate gender identity than the physical one you were given?

What are your thoughts on transgenderism?

Just a thread for the FtM and MtF fags like myself. :3

Admin edit:

Guidelines for this thread:
    1. Be respectful of others - if someone doesn't agree with you, that's fine as long as both sides keep things civil.
    2. Stay on topic - if someone is derailing the thread, please report it to staff.
    3. If you feel as if someone is being disrespectful or attempting to incite drama, ignore their post. Do NOT reply, report it to the staff instead. Fighting with others makes a bigger mess for us to clean up and derails the thread.

Anyone who breaks these guidelines may be banned from this thread if they continue to cause problems.
    Last edited by Taw; 02-01-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: adding guidelines

Weasyl
    Brace
    I think non-dysphoric trans people are annoying, and though I do my best to reserve judgement about whether their condition is real or self-inflicted, they tend to make it challenging for me.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Oh boy, this should be interesting.

At best I'd say I'm more androgynous than anything. I don't particularly care one way or the other of pronouns or anything like that. I dunno, very hard to explain.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

I'm female and like being that way, but I always like to try to poke around to see what the mindset of a man is. I empathize with straight guys' tribulations with dealing with my sex.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I can't really get into the mindset of a female at all. If I do it's eluding me. I've often been told I'm not lady-like and I don't even know how ladies are supposed to act.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    I can't really get into the mindset of a female at all. If I do it's eluding me. I've often been told I'm not lady-like and I don't even know how ladies are supposed to act.
    I feel you there. Personally I view myself as female and always have, but i've always been viewed as a tomboy and have been asked about my choice of androgynous style by my more...feminine sister.
    I don't really get it. Or I suppose I do and don't want it. It's the stereotype of the conveniently intelligent, cute, girl. Convenient in the sense of not being too smart, but smart enough to be interesting. Not being to needy, but needy enough to give a guy a purpose. it's that somewhat gentle push of that classic gender role.

I don't personally begrudge people that live that, though there are those that really get on my nerves, just, I've never been able to do that.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    The only people that get on my nerves are people who think gender identity has to have rules.

To me, people ought to be able to identify however they please, regardless of parts.

Weasyl
    Brace
    I don't think it needs rules, just distinctions. Really, I think the entire gender identity discussion is a misnomer at least as far as it lumps transsexual and transgender people together. Transsexuality isn't about identity, it's about body. The fact that the identity part normally goes hand in hand is just a matter of convention, and I'm sure people who live up to that convention are generally healthier and better acclimated to society, but I don't think the relationship is inherent.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    Transsexuality isn't about identity, it's about body.
    thisthisthisthisthis

There is a difference between transgender and transsexual. Someone who is transgender identifies as the other sex, but may or may not have treatment or surgery to achieve physical completeness. Someone who is transsexual is definitely going to get some surgery and treatment for it.

I myself am not completely transsexual, I'm kind of surgery-phobic and while I identify as a female, I don't see the need to have sexual reassignment. I see breasts as something that would just get in the way and be inconvenient, and to me a naturally formed penis probably works better than an artificial vagina.

I totally wish that I was born female, but I have what I have and I'm casual enough to just live with being a flat-breasted gal who has a dick.

Weasyl
    Brace
    I'm not sure that you're transsexual at all. It's not even the disinterest in surgery, that's understandable, it's just the indifference with your present anatomy.