1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Fayv

Community Guidelines and Ratings Systems Updates

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Loco neato dorito! This is actually gonna help an awful lot.

Definitely a lot clearer, and a lot more precision in the ratings system. This'll be great for those who want a decent browsing experience without all the erm... explicit artwork

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    Sounds pretty good. Make a lot of parents happier

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    Just what I was hoping for! Yay!

Weasyl
    Dog-Paws
    This is all well and good until a moderator removes your photograph for being grainy, you reply to him/her stating that it was taken in a blackout in the blizzard of 2013, they don't reply and when you email support@weasyl.com, you don't even get the courtesy of an answer. Yes, I did state in the PM to the moderator that this site was going down the same dictatorial road as FA was until they changed their ways and became more friendly to the users, garnering useful feedback. I don't really expect a reply here either.
    Last edited by DogPaws; 04-16-2013 at 09:44 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by DogPaws View Post
    This is all well and good until a moderator removes your photograph for being grainy, you reply to him/her stating that it was taken in a blackout in the blizzard of 2013, they don't reply and when you email support@weasyl.com, you don't even get the courtesy of an answer. Yes, I did state in the PM to the moderator that this site was going down the same dictatorial road as FA was until they changed their ways and became more friendly to the users, garnering useful feedback. I don't really expect a reply here either.
    Hi Dogpaws. Our apologies for not responding to your messages earlier. You should be receiving a response presently.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Dog-Paws
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hi Dogpaws. Our apologies for not responding to your messages earlier. You should be receiving a response presently.
    Thank you for replying!

I'm really not sure about extreme gore being Mature, but sex being Explicit... I could look at gross fetishes all day, but I really don't want to see any disembowelment. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that one is far more disturbing than the other...?

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    I'm really not sure about extreme gore being Mature, but sex being Explicit... I could look at gross fetishes all day, but I really don't want to see any disembowelment. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that one is far more disturbing than the other...?
    we aren't really attempting to judge which is more extreme than the other, but rather separate the content based on the feedback we received. Both categories contain adult material and are for ages 18+, one simply has the sexual material while the other does not. I understand if you would much rather look at content that might be mildly sexual rather than a highly realistic disembowelment, which is why we also still have tag blocking.

Please be sure to add gore tags to your block list. You can specify at which level, so gore in the moderate category is not blocked but is in the mature and explicit categories. Hopefully this will help with your browsing so you can view both categories without concern over extreme gore.