Weasyl
    Dark

Just in: Adam Orth is a retard

Meanwhile, in #CoE...

[20:12:26] <+Dark> "He's dead, Jim."
    [20:14:11] <Nate|phone> My name's not Jim
    [20:14:20] <Nate|phone> And Starr's not a guy
    [20:15:18] <Nate|phone> ...
    [20:17:20] <+Cerberus> And Shadow's not a callgirl.
    [20:17:52] <+Dark> LOL

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Context: this is Microsoft's creative director debating always-online connectivity for the upcoming newest iteration of the XBox

Also, their PR department must be facepalming extremely forcefully right now

UGH. Nothing worse than a person in a position of influence who shits on his constituents. Hope there's some severe reprimanding in store for this one.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    I guess my question is.....why do we give a f*** what he tweats?

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    Context: this is Microsoft's creative director debating always-online connectivity for the upcoming newest iteration of the XBox

Also, their PR department must be facepalming extremely forcefully right now
    Thank you for that because I had absolutely no idea who that person is. And it's all very well to get indignant about a glib Tweet but isn't paying it attention (and therefore ranting about it) just giving him credence and therefore encouragement to continue spouting hogwash? Most times people say anything, it's just to warrant a reaction... at least that's what I believe anyway...

mayhem and Aokamidu: It'd be different if this guy was a regular Joe but as a person of rank in a very large corporation he should have the common sense to not dismiss customers' legitimate complaints, if not because being considerate is the right thing to do than at least because people get pissed off and think of the company poorly, and therefore, are more open to switching to a competitor's product.

Weasyl
    Aokamidu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    mayhem and Aokamidu: It'd be different if this guy was a regular Joe but as a person of rank in a very large corporation he should have the common sense to not dismiss customers' legitimate complaints, if not because being considerate is the right thing to do than at least because people get pissed off and think of the company poorly, and therefore, are more open to switching to a competitor's product.
    I stand very much corrected and do apologise - seems Microsoft have apologised regarding this whole incident: http://www.geekosystem.com/microsoft-twitter-tirade/

I'm not too well versed in Microsoft's goings-on Xbox wise, nor how the Internet structure is set up in the US.

Weasyl
    Brace
    This is what happens when rich people run the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I guess my question is.....why do we give a f*** what he tweats?
    Why can't you spell and why are you self-censoring yourself? Plus, this guy is in the Xbox development team, which means his ideas are considered in the development of the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    This is what happens when rich people run the world.
    I really doubt Adam Orth is "rich".