Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    As I don't really consider myself a furry, I got into the community via FA and Livejournal. FA has its bugs and some things about it are sucky, but I'm pretty comfortable with the site and its features overall.

I wanted to improve my artwork, expand my audience to get commissioners, and make new friends- and I've done all of those on FA better than I have anywhere else. A lot of my friends that I met outside of FA are furries, so drawing their characters made me comfortable with drawing anthro/furry art. I got better at it and I enjoy it a lot more than I used to.

I honestly never thought I'd put myself even close to the furry fandom, or get involved. But to be honest I like it a lot more than other communities.

my friends are furries
    well a majority of them
    i dont mind but i dont consider myself a furry nor am i really part of the fandom, i just kind of like anthros ha ha

Saw Renard's album covers and found them intriguing. Later when a Gmodder had plenty of "I'm not a furry nor have I got anything against them" posts on his tumblr made me google furry and I found they were these anthro animals. Glad I saw the censored version of furaffinity when I found it. Otherwise I might not be here

Weasyl
    N/A
    I got into the fandom in high school when I started writing pokemon fanfiction. That led me to some pokemon sites and eventually into the furry fandom. I was already a fur, I just didn't know about the fandom.
    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
    ~John Stuart Mill~

Furry News: http://www.flayrah.com/

Weasyl
    Tiger
    A friend of mine joined fA, so I decided just to do it for the hell of it. I do more feral art than furry art, though. But I am planning to save money for a fursuit (which will take years |D; )

Weasyl
    N/A
    I was on Gmod.org and people were complaining about furries.

I wondered what the hell it was.

Googled it all.

Thought it was wierd.

Got really drunk one day.

Signed up to FA/F.

Came back the day after.

Made a habit out of it.

Booze did me good, I say. Without having done that, I think I would have been even more miserable than I usually am. I met some cool people online, I discovered art, I learnt some more about myself in the meantime, had a lot of fun, I had stuff to do.

I tripped and fell ass-first into it and that's all there is to it, really.

Weasyl
    Tango
    I got involved because I was originally trolling you fuckers and got infected.

Weasyl
    aetius
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    We both fell.

I used to pretend to be different animals as a kid, and I've always been obsessed with flying. When I was 5, I stuck with a weird brown thing I made up because I watched too many cartoons with anthros in them and I kept that definition for myself until I was 14, then I traded it for a crappy Sonic fan character and when shit went down and everyone hated me for being annoying (and I got sick of Sonic fandom) I changed it again to look like this.

I don't think I ever officially came out as one in a big thread before, I just assumed I was one and whatever avatar I used confirmed it. I love that there are other people who like anthro as much as I do, because as a kid, I thought maybe I was weird. (Also when I was 10, I literally thought I was something else inside a human shell, kept thinking that until I was 13 because I was always in the minority on interests.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Best explanation ever.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."