Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Recel
    I always loved to draw monsters and animal people when I was a little kid. Than the internet came. Than I found some furry art. Than I didn't look at the subject for years because I found such a "good" representation of what furry is!

One day I winded up on FA. Don't remember when, or how anymore.

And that's it, basically.

A friend warned me about furries because I did a lot of anthro art. I had no idea what one was, so I looked it up and found FA.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Probably this episode of Batman The Animated Series.

Nah I'm kidding (a little). It's just an interest I've always had. I can't talk to my irl friends about fur stuff, so I do it online with your fine people.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    A friend warned me about furries because I did a lot of anthro art. I had no idea what one was, so I looked it up and found FA.
    Haha, what an effective warning!

"Hey, man, just so you know, there's a bunch of weirdos out there who like and draw the same kinda stuff you draw. What a bunch of freaks, right? Anyway, they're called furries and you definitely shouldn't google them. Just thought you should know so you could avoid them entirely and not be in any way intrigued by people who share an interest with you."
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    Sadalsuud-Staridae
    Another 'greymuzzle' here; got into it in the 80's...was drawing it long before I realised what the term actually meant XD

I think the main culprit was Disney...though Godzilla, Gamera, the Looney Tunes and Sonic The Hedgehog were booked as accessories before long. Anime followed (NGE, Sailor Moon, Miyazaki films), then it was a healthy dose of Swat Kats, the Disney Saturday cartoon lineup, Transformers and a few of the more obscure cartoons/stop-motion animations and films. Video games like Pokemon keep me in the fandom because I have a difficult time letting go and moving on, haha.

I have a small group of furry friends, though the drama keeps me both at arm's length and entertained for the duration. I'm a fursuiter too and I love the hell out of that; I really do want to get my fursona built properly at some point

I was on DA first, in and out of various usernames, then FA, then Twitter, Tumblr and now here.
    Guess I'm a mainstay at this point, heh.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxemhound View Post
    Another 'greymuzzle' here; got into it in the 80's...was drawing it long before I realised what the term actually meant XD
    It's really weird to think about the pre-internet fandom. I guess before the internet connected everyone it was just splinters of hardliner furries. Pretty cool.
    Watch me swooce right in.

A few different friends of mine were furries! One suggested an animal for me, while the other got me onto FA, and it was all downhill from there, haha. I don't really consider myself a furry anymore, but I'm grateful for the influence. It really made me realize how much I love creating critter characters, and now I've found my true artistic passion in the local wildlife!
    "The clouds above us join and separate,
    The breeze in the courtyard leaves and returns.
    Life is like that, so why not relax?
    Who can stop us from celebrating?"

Weasyl Shop FB

Weasyl
    valycenegative
    I've always been drawing animals and Pokèmon since ever, and when I found out on the internet there were other people who drew animals and Pokèmon, I kinda said "hey, I'm not the only one!".

besides my usual 'Redwall did it' I suspect I just kinda rolled in it naturally ? about 15 years ago I met an artist who had a personal forum where me and some people hung out. I never questioned anthro's, they are all around us ,commercials ,cartoons ,Disney I didn't even realize there was a 'fandom'.

I still haven't figured out if I'm actually in the fandom or not, I don't spend time on FA, I don't have a suit but I'll admit its pretty awesome. Someday I might.I don't draw anthro's a lot anymore even if I prefer them over humans. Whenever I do try to be social around the fandom I just back out after a few days. Whats a shame I think I could like it I'm just kinda horrid with the social stuff.

its a miracle I'm posting here still...

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    THERE IS A FANDOM?!