Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Clambo

So, how'd you end up in the furry fandom?

The forums are still pretty new, and I saw no one has made this thread yet. This sort of topic is always a perennial favorite, so here we go:

What got you into the furry fandom? Or, if you don't technically consider yourself a furry, how did you end up involved with the community?

Me personally, I ended up in the fandom shortly after graduating high school, around age 19. An odd mixture of boredom and curiosity got me to sign up on FA, and 3 years later I still find myself sticking around. I honestly never expected to like furries as much as a do, but I guess that's just how it goes. XD I've met some of my best friends through this fandom. I've never seen anything quite like it, when it comes to both the good and the bad.

When I was in the furry fandom, this was from late middle school until my sophomore year of high school. I had long time friends on deviantart that slowly drifted into the fandom and I did as well. I liked the art that was produced by the fandom, but I drifted out because of jerks online and in real life, the latter being the reason why I left the fandom.
    Am I happy out of the fandom? I guess. Do I regret leaving because of some jerks? Of course.
    I'm not as interested in joining the fandom as I was way back when, but I'm not the kind of person to discriminate against furries just because of a few bad apples I dealt with.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    When I started college, I saw this one guy doodling dem weird animal people in class and I liked it, so I said loudly "Dude, this looks awesome!" (it really did, too!), so we became best friends and he introduced me to the loldom.

We each went our separate ways when we finished college, though.

This is going to sound really awful but I originally gained interest in the fandom through reading about the drama in it on EncyclopediaDramatica.

And then I joined and found it much less dramatic and entertaining than it actually was made out to be and I stuck around anyway.

dont consider myself a furry even if i have a fursona

but a long time ago a friend of mine sent me pics of furry characters from some art site
    i thought they were cute as fuck and wanted to draw some

in all honesty until recently i never considered myself a part of the fandom i just liked drawing furry/anthro things
    i dont do it much these days anymore save for drawing my fursona or a friends fursona though
    im more of a monster guy anyway always have been

but i actually really like the community/a lot of the fandom
    anybody ive met or talked with is really nice i havent actually had a bad experience with anyone at least not that i can remember
    tmblr - fa - da

Weasyl
    aetius
    I got bored and joined the furaffinity forums. Now I ended up here.

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Started drawing anthro stuff when I was younger, then when I eventually got the Internet at home I found out about the furry fandom while looking at various other anthro work and decided to check it out. No regrets whatsoever.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    First got into it via Conker's Bad Fur Day, then got out of it after getting trolled on some Poke'mon forums for it. Still draw furs sometimes and got a small fanbase around some anthro-airplanes I do, but other than that it's personalized-manga-humans.

As for fandoms, part of a weird sub-fandom of uniform fetishers with WWII Japan, especially on Pixiv. It's nice, since Nazis are overrated.

General internet hate attracted me at first, though a year or two ago now I suddenly lacked an output of entertainment and I began lurking. Only took a couple days to change my outlook and I made the switch.

I saw it being discussed on another forum I used to be on. I was immediately interested. ^^;