Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Search Multiple tags

Search Multiple tags

How exactly does on search for multiple tags in the artwork browser. If for instance I put in "Tiger" and "Girl" the search pulls up stuff with either one of those tags, but not nessecarrilly ones with both. How would I restrict it to search only for both tags in one submission, and filter out those that have one or the other? I have tried the usual search operators, but none seem to function.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    That's interesting. It looks like Weasyl defaults to OR instead of AND when entering a series of tags. Seems like if you use the form "+tag" for additional tags it will do what you expect it to, though. The form "-tag" also appears to work. Definitely odd.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    This is what I gather from your post, correct me if I'm wrong. Are you looking for an image of a tiger girl and don't want to see any submissions that do not have both those specific tags? You can use an underscore, _ , in between words to kind of "link" the tags together. I'd recommend trying tiger_girl and see if you can get the resulting submissions you're looking for.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    This is what I gather from your post, correct me if I'm wrong. Are you looking for an image of a tiger girl and don't want to see any submissions that do not have both those specific tags? You can use an underscore, _ , in between words to kind of "link" the tags together. I'd recommend trying tiger_girl and see if you can get the resulting submissions you're looking for.
    This appears to only work if "tiger_girl" is an explicit tag on a submission.
    As an example, I have submissions with the separate tags "west" and "virginia". Those submissions are the only ones on the site with both those tags. No submissions on the site have the tag "west_virginia".
    If I search for simply "west virginia" I get those submissions returned in addition to any submissions with the individual tags "west" or "virginia" but not both.
    If I search for "west_virginia" I get no returns.
    If I search for "west +virginia" I get my submissions back that actually have both tags.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5

Onnes is correct; the default logic for individual tags is an OR operation. To search for content tagged both tiger AND girl, you would use the query

Code:
    +tiger +girl
    As mentioned, a query of the form

Code:
    tiger +girl
    also works, but only incidentally since tiger is the only tag in its logical grouping (that is, "at least one of {tiger} and all of {girl}"). We recommend putting a + sign in front of every search tag that you absolutely want the content you're searching for to be tagged with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kihari View Post
    Onnes is correct; the default logic for individual tags is an OR operation. To search for content tagged both tiger AND girl, you would use the query

Code:
    +tiger +girl
    As mentioned, a query of the form

Code:
    tiger +girl
    also works, but only incidentally since tiger is the only tag in its logical grouping (that is, "at least one of {tiger} and all of {girl}"). We recommend putting a + sign in front of every search tag that you absolutely want the content you're searching for to be tagged with.
    I'm new and was finding the search system restictive. I was about to give up but this post was hugely helpful. Thank you.