Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You'd be as we'll stall the auto detected one and see if that helps. I recall having to update mine too when I first bought GW2

Weasyl
    Shiko
    Last edited by Shiko; 03-09-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Try your games again, is there any improvement after installing that and rebooting?

Weasyl
    Shiko
    So far I am noticing Very small Changes. Haven't tested it on Guild Wars 2 as I uninstalled the game after it didn't work. But right now I am testing it on World of Warcraft. I am actually testing it at the DarkMoon Faire which is usually where I get the most lag. Usually if I am on Fair graphics when I go here I have a constant glitchy/laggy look on my screen of my character, the fireworks lag me quite a bit and it's almost impossible to actually do the faire events (as I noticed yesterday and had to switch my graphics to low setting) But as of now I am noticing a little decrease in Lag on my graphics setting at Fair, the fireworks were not lagging me out as I shot out of the cannon and I am able to run around a bit without looking super glitchy. As well there is an over-all better look to the graphics (a smidge) Things are a bit crisper even on Low settings. So that's good ^^

I think what it all comes down too is an outdated Graphics card and an outdated PC all together. It's sad but that's what I am thinking. As well one of my Real life friends thinks it could be the Motherboard graphics that have went out. *shrugs* Thank you all so far for all the help! I never would of thought of or known where to go to do all those updates.
    Last edited by Shiko; 03-09-2013 at 03:19 PM.

In all reality a 6 core amd cpu @ 2.9ghz should be more than enough to play most of today's games on medium settings, maybe some on high. I think a lot of folks here just think "EWWW AMD! Inferior!" but if you're happy with 1920x1080 (a normal 1080p LCD resolution) @ medium settings, you'd be fine with just buying a mid-range video card, like maybe looking at the Radeon HD 7770, they're about $145 here state side and have probably the best price/performance currently.

Another thing you can look in to, to increase overall system responsiveness (and bring up game performance some) is go into your computer's BIOS (usually you press the DEL button during system start up when it displays the logo on the screen) and look for power saving settings, find "AMD Cool`n`Quiet" and set it to disabled. What this does is let all the cores on your processor run at full speed all the time, instead of throttling down to a slower speed most of the time. I've found It (Cool`n`quiet) doesn't jump the speed up when gaming a lot of the time because most games don't use more than 4 cores, or sometimes 2.

The only other concerns with adding a video card to your system is 1.) you should probably get a pair of fans and put em in those empty fan slots, and 2.) take a look at your power supply and make sure it can handle it. Or if it even has a pci-express 6 pin plug on it for the video card, it may not even have that.

But.. yeah, you can probably get by with just getting a mid-range video card for your computer, a better power supply and be perfectly fine for most games.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    I picked up a 7770 for around $70 after rebates over the holidays, so it's worth it to watch for sales. Judging from the Asus specs listed for your model you are almost certainly going to want a better PSU if you decide to put in a video card.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiko View Post
    @Ibuuyk

Thank you so much for the links. I am personally not very good at telling if GPU's or CPU's are out of date, or even simply if they are good or not. The 2 that you linked look amazing and I'm assuming everything checks out? Personally I love GeForce and always have, and knowing my mate he will tell me to go with the more expensive one if we could swing it as it's always better to go more expensive than cheap with the right hardware.

As well when you say one year less...my computer only have seemed to last a year..from my general knowledge desktop computers are suppose to last awhile? I mean even my Asus Laptop I bought in 2009 lasted for 3 years and it wasn't even a full sized laptop. Just seems I am having bad luck with PC's and I don't want to dish out 1,000$ just to have the PC only last me a year
    Np. Also if you're a huge gamer and want to play everything on the highest settings (plus .ini tweaks, mods and other eyecandies), you'll have to upgrade your desktop almost entirely (at least CPU/GPU, sometimes PSU, rarely mobo, very rarely RAM) every 3-4 years. Buying the first time is a good 1000$ but then upgrading the GPU is usually 150$ for 3-4 years, and 250$ for the CPU. The computers I linked you will easily last you 4 years (at least the most expensive one will, the other should last a good 3 years)

EDIT: Boom, 500th post!

Weasyl
    Shiko
    lol. Well I am not really super big on Graphics unless I can only play a Game on Low graphics settings, that in my opinion is rather annoying, especially with my Guild Wars 2 incident where I was only getting 6 Frames per Second with everything as low as it could go and even still I was lagging so bad I just simply uninstalled the game altogether in a blind Fury x3

More than likely I will simply just buy a whole new PC I would say "well hey lets get a graphics card and this and that and try to make this PC better" but I kinda feel that in the end I would simply be better off with a new Rig. Of course if I could build a better PC on my own for cheaper than the most expensive pre-made you linked me I would do that (but I highly doubt that would work)

As far as games go though as I stated before I really only play WoW, Sims 3, SecondLife and Wanting to play Elder Scrolls Online when it comes out on the PC. I honestly would want a PC that could play these without Lag and at least at Decent graphics. Another thing is I did sign up for the ESO Beta not being picked because my PC is crap will suck. D:

@Onnes

I will def. be on the look-out for those rebates and sales as well. When it comes to technology Sales are always the way to go. Personally I think I will stick with Newegg for now...I try to stay away from BestBuy, but if I am only buying a particular part I may consider BestBuy.

You could try wiping it back to factory settings using your Windows Recovery Disc or partition. There's a chance that could help if the computer is simply full of stuff slowing it down.

I'd probably just buy a new one too (which is precisely what I'm doing!).

Weasyl
    Shiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    You could try wiping it back to factory settings using your Windows Recovery Disc or partition. There's a chance that could help if the computer is simply full of stuff slowing it down.

I'd probably just buy a new one too (which is precisely what I'm doing!).
    OH YES! I saw that I would totally put in some sense if I knew more about computers. But I shall wish you luck in finding what you need! specially within your budget.

So...My verdict is probably going to sound weird. but I am thinking about just simply buying a Graphics Card a new Case, and a power supply to support said card . I think that may clear up my issues. If not I'll just keep going until I reach what I need. >.< oh yes and I will be buying more fans O_O don't like that there is only 1 and 1 on the PSU. Of Course the New case is just a Pleasure buy as I enjoy seeing Lights!!! So Shiny
    Last edited by Shiko; 03-10-2013 at 01:18 PM.