Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    One that you might want to look into is Mischief. It's very traditional in style, but it's entirely vector.
    Wow thanks! I'll check that out.

I also really like CS6. Especially the great recovery/autosave feature. That sold me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Graphicsgale for my pixels
    I think I'd like to play with that too.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Manga Studio 5

I swear by that thing. I started out with Gimp, moved on to SAI (stayed there for aaaages), tried out photoshop, tried out sketchbook, tried out MS5 and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    I think I'd like to play with that too.
    There's a free version of the program that's offered on their website! :D
    The only thing is that you can't animate in the free version, but if you have Photoshop, it should be all good

It's the first program I started properly spriting in after mucking about in Gimp for a while and stuff like rasters really help loads when trying to make smaller pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    There's a free version of the program that's offered on their website!
    The only thing is that you can't animate in the free version, but if you have Photoshop, it should be all good

It's the first program I started properly spriting in after mucking about in Gimp for a while and stuff like rasters really help loads when trying to make smaller pieces.
    Thank ya! Going to mess about with it.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Paint Tool SAI for tablet use, GIMP for everything else. Hopefully GIMP releases a version based on the GTK+3 library soon that fixes all their current tablet support problems.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Manga Studio 5

I swear by that thing. I started out with Gimp, moved on to SAI (stayed there for aaaages), tried out photoshop, tried out sketchbook, tried out MS5 and loved it.
    I have been using Manga Studio 5 more and more. I just need to figure out some of their brushes since their behavior was sometimes erratic for me when it came to blending and pressure behavior. Otherwise I like it a lot.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    I've been using GIMP for rough on 8 years now, and I'm still on 2.4.1 to boot. Corel painter essentials came standard with my graphire4, and something similar, I think, came with my Bamboo, but I never use it. Too heavy and buggy. For painterly shite, I like OC1.1, nice and simple, and the Engrish is an added bonus!

I use SAI for all of my sketching/drawing and Photoshop CS6 for effects and fancy brushes, mostly. I used to use openCanvas until I discovered SAI years ago. I've tried other programs, but so far SAI's been the best for me.

Weasyl
    Pine
    MSpaint Picasso reporting!

Weasyl
    Sonata
    I use paint tool SAI for my drawings and photoshop in case I need to touch up the images.