Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I use a combination of SAI and Photoshop. I sketch, line, and color in SAI. Then in Photoshop I add backgrounds, textures, and any other effects I might need.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    I don't think its really that much about the program and more of how much mastery in a program you have.

Personally I was a huge PhotoShop fan for many many years. Currently I have PhotoShop cs5.
    I knew about Sao for a while but I knew PhotoShop so well I didnt want to learn a new program. It wasn't till I saw it in stream and so how simple it made art that I decided to use it. Barely use PhotoShop at all now.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Quote Originally Posted by serbus View Post
    8. Unity (does that even count?)
    While it is a game engine, it does have multiple shader settings to change the appearance of your assets. That and games can be considered a form of interactive art.

Weasyl
    serbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanagrooboy View Post
    While it is a game engine, it does have multiple shader settings to change the appearance of your assets. That and games can be considered a form of interactive art.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Level design is an art in itself and I usually use Unity for level design.
    Currently hiring for:
    Not currently hiring

I also sell art, feel free to contact me for a quote!

Not an artist but I use photoshop and I google random stuff for help.

Weasyl
    marzipan
    MyPaint, Krita and GIMP. Yyyyyeaaah I run linux lol

For 2D work I use Photoshop CS2 for the most part, with the occasional foray into Illustrator 8 for text heavy graphics. For 3D work, I use Lightwave 8.5. The input device I use is a 6 by 8 inch Wacom Inuos3, and a HP 4600 scanjet for importing sketches.

Paint Tool SAI (and MS Paint for text)! I did use Photoshop CS5 before as well but I can't get along with it very well.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    I use ArtRage Studio Pro, Autodesk Sketchbook Pro and MS Paint, heh. I wouldn't say they count much because....I can barely be arsed to do digital art. I've still used them enough to say that I like 'em (MS Paint I use more for image manipulation and for references and such though).

Weasyl
    Vae
    Sai and MS Paint.

I wish I could use Photoshop for anything more than just the most basic functions like adding text, but I just don't have enough RAM for it to run smoothly without freezing all the time.