Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stories?

Stories?

Ah, gosh, I'm not sure if this is the write place to put this?

I'm wondering if any of you out there are big creators. C: I've got well over 100 characters for a good half a dozen (mostly) fully plotted stories. I've been practising my art for the soul purpose of being content enough with it to start a webcomic, and have started a few drafts for a variety of novels. I love to talk to people about stories, and get way too excited about sharing my ideas, but I'm always too embarrassed to actually bring them up with my friends because I'm worried they'll be annoyed by it.

So anyway, the long and the short of it is, any of you guys out there got some stories in your heads that you're passionate about? Any plans for these stories?

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    As a teen, I used to be socially awkward and read all the time, plus I wrote two books. Now I'm basically the opposite of what I was, I can barely stand reading o.o

I do have a couple of stories, one or two I'm collaborating on with my best friend, both with many, many characters. I've wanted to make a webcomic with the collaborated stories, but I'm still unsure about my own. I very rarely share my own ideas [unfortunately!] and I feel I should at least get out of that pistachio shell of mine. I do love sharing art of my characters though, but I feel I need some sort of feedback on my writing, at least.

Weasyl
    Matt
    You've gotten farther than I think I will. I have two stories that I want to do something with. Which is to say I have one scene and one character that I like and I can't make them overlap in any way. I have some Solomon shit going on.

I wrote a short story a couple years ago when I was more fundamentally confused and ridiculous than I am now. I pretty much just imagined what would happen in 10 years if I did nothing of value and slowly broke my appreciation of reality. It was a mess, and I needed gratification, and in retrospect all I did was rip off Chris Morris' Blue Jam monologues. But it was fun, and I get trapped writing in that voice sometimes. I don't mind. There are worse things to worsen, I suppose.

The other thing I have is half a dialogue. It's just a collection of lines that I'm fond of, and said by a jaded fuck who I think I can work with, but I've yet to expand on it. I don't know if I will. The only characters I have are jaded fucks. I need a proper medium.

My biggest issue at the moment is trying to find a way to express these things in a novel way. I have issues with authenticity. I know half the shit I do is a subconscious blatant ripoff of something I've seen in the past, so the only way I can insure the idea that what I'm doing isn't complete plagiarism is by doing something I'm certain I've never seen before. I've fucked about with different formatting for text documents. I tried dialogue heavy comics. I tried continuing a narrative on a radio show. I tried screaming the story into a dying condenser mic and effecting them senseless while getting people to narrate without realizing it. It's not worked. Maybe I'm bad at ideas, but it's hard as hell for me. New is mine. Mine is honest. Honest is authentic. Authentic is worthwhile. So I think anyway. I don't know.

Somehow, though, this is still fun. So no matter if anything comes of this, it's worth it.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Quote Originally Posted by nakattack View Post
    I do have a couple of stories, one or two I'm collaborating on with my best friend, both with many, many characters. I've wanted to make a webcomic with the collaborated stories, but I'm still unsure about my own. I very rarely share my own ideas [unfortunately!] and I feel I should at least get out of that pistachio shell of mine. I do love sharing art of my characters though, but I feel I need some sort of feedback on my writing, at least.
    God, I would kill to get feedback on my stories/writing/art/characters. lmao. You should share your ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    My biggest issue at the moment is trying to find a way to express these things in a novel way. I have issues with authenticity. I know half the shit I do is a subconscious blatant ripoff of something I've seen in the past, so the only way I can insure the idea that what I'm doing isn't complete plagiarism is by doing something I'm certain I've never seen before.
    The biggest thing to remember is that it's the way you do something that matters, not whether or not it's 100% original. There are so few 100% original thoughts left in the world that it would be incredibly boring to never see another person's take on something. For example, if no one told their own versions of stories Tolkien would have been the start and the end of High Fantasy.

One of my biggest projects (A generational 5-act story called WEST) has a lot of aspects that are similar to the Dark Tower trilogy by Stephen King, but by no means do they tell the same story.

I tried doing NaNoWriMo last year and I really didn't accomplish much, but I really enjoyed writing what I as writing and want to continue the story when I get the urge for it again. Most of my characters have a long-spanning storyline, going all the way back to when I was in high school. :X
    drawing and graphicsblackacres · pipedreams · furaffinity · deviantart
    roleplay and writingraggedbreath · charahub · insanejournal

avatar by loadedpistol of furaffinity

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Fayv
    I have more characters than I can count. I stopped writing stories in school but picked it up again. Now i'm working with Stereo to make this stuff into a comic.
    feels good to be writing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    I have more characters than I can count. I stopped writing stories in school but picked it up again. Now i'm working with Stereo to make this stuff into a comic.
    feels good to be writing again.
    That's good to hear! What sort of comic are you making?

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Psuedoimp View Post
    That's good to hear! What sort of comic are you making?
    Hard to explain, it's a bit of mystery, a bit of whimsy, a bit of adventure. I have a first draft of the story the comic will be based on, so you can read it if you're interested, I'm revising it now based on feedback from people that read it already.
    This is the sort of style that it'll be in, though that might change as things are tweaked.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    I love creating stories for my characters. The big story I have in mind is for my ex-sonic character. I always envisioned it as some type of movie or animation. Comic works as well too. I'd been tinkering with giving her an extended saga-esque story for a very long time, actually since I created her, and even roped in some of my other characters to expand the story's universe. It wasn't until recently I'd actually started legit fleshing out an actual story other than the convoluted garbage I'd stick her in every so often, and I must I do enjoy the results I'm digging up. There's still a lot of work for me to do however!