Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Super Smash Bros.

64, Melee, Brawl, and of course, the ever popular Brawl mods.
    Anyone else here into the Smash franchise?

I'm really excited to see what Sakurai says about SSB4 at E3 this year, even if we don't get a trailer.
    Apart from that, my favorite one so far would be Brawl (specifically Brawl Minus, because it's ridiculous fun). I'm not a huge fan of Project M, but eh.

But yeah, thoughts?

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    I can't wait for it! I've been playing Smash bros since it came out ( They made a copy of the N64 version for the SNES) and Brawl was a really popular game when I was in college ( we had tournaments )

Weasyl
    KaneQuicktail
    I love Brawl for the massive amounts of playable characters, but the first one will always have a special place in my heart... and college dorm.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I can't wait to hear about the new smash game coming out. All they need to really do is take out tripping and I'm more than positive that the new game will be the best of the series.

Weasyl
    Hlavco
    I prefer Melee over Brawl. Brawl redesigned a lot of the characters to resemble their latest game appearances, while Melee sort of had its own look... Bowser and Yoshi were particularly cool. Gameplay-wise, Brawl just seemed to have too many distractions. I feel like the Smash Balls and to a lesser extent the Dragoon parts cause the main battle to come to a screeching halt. Also Melee had Pichu.

From an atmosphere standpoint, my favorite is the N64 version. I like its lighthearted partyish vibe more than the "epicness" the sequels go for. I feel like it also had some of the best levels (oddly, the ones that weren't repeated for Melee).

My request for the next Smash Bros game? Let Mario's fireball go more than two feet in front of him again. No idea why they decided to nerf that.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlavco View Post
    Gameplay-wise, Brawl just seemed to have too many distractions. I feel like the Smash Balls and to a lesser extent the Dragoon parts cause the main battle to come to a screeching halt. Also Melee had Pichu.
    People play with items?

And yes, I got to say that their choice to take out characters was poorly made. Too bad Pichu was... very very gimped.

Weasyl
    Hlavco
    Pichu was my main. Much stronger than pikachu... you just have to not get hit.

I like some items better than no items. At my house we set it to Low, and just turn off healing items, invulnerability items, and hammers/assist trophies/Smash Balls.

But I'm okay with no-items fighting if that's how they do it where I'm playing.

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlavco View Post
    Pichu was my main. Much stronger than pikachu... you just have to not get hit.

I like some items better than no items. At my house we set it to Low, and just turn off healing items, invulnerability items, and hammers/assist trophies/Smash Balls.

But I'm okay with no-items fighting if that's how they do it where I'm playing.
    Speaking of mains, who does everyone usually play as?

I typically go for Pikachu, though I liked playing as Sheikh in Brawl

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSareth View Post
    Speaking of mains, who does everyone usually play as?

I typically go for Pikachu, though I liked playing as Sheikh in Brawl
    In SSB64, Falcon, Kirby, and Fox
    Melee: Falco, Link, and Falcon
    Brawl: Luigi, Zero suit, and Falcon

Not sure if brawl mods count, but:
    Brawl +: Falcon, Samus
    Brawl Minus: Falcon, Luigi, Pit
    Project M: Link, Luigi, Ivysaur

Not sure if it's obvious enough, but I like playing with Captain falcon :p He's fast, aggressive, and just fun to play xD