Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cursor hovering over Submissions no longer display names.

I....don't know if its just me that this is happening to...Or...if this was disabled and I didn't hear about it...but yeah.

Hovering over a submission no longer displays the name as it used to 2-3 days ago I saw it last.

Is it...just me...? Or was this disabled and I didn't hear about it?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Nothing's changed on this front as far as I know. If you give me your browser, version, and OS I'll check it out. Also, have you installed any new extensions (e.g. noscript) or disabled javascript since you saw these last?

Weasyl
    Mowsey
    I've been having the same issue, but only on my desktop...
    Browser: Chrome, Version: 25.0.1364.97 m, OS: Windows 7

The feature is working fine on my laptop
    Browser: Chrome, Version: 25.0.1364.99, OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8

The chrome settings are synched between computers, and the submission name thing still works in firefox on my desktop computer.

Actually came here to report a similar bug, so I'll just add to this thread rather than making a new one -- hovering over a submission thumbnail on the main page doesn't show anything in IE 8 (on a computer with Windows XP) or IE 9 (with Windows 7, version 9.0.8112.16421). I didn't even know there was a feature to show the submission title and artist when you hovered, until I tried viewing the site in Firefox. Don't know how long it's been this way, but I first noticed it on Friday.

Weasyl
    Syrinoth
    Contributing with the same problem. The Submission info worked fine on mouse-over for me since last November, but stopped working sometime last week.
    Browser: Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97 m

I just tested it in Firefox and found it to work, but still a no-go in Chrome. I've attempted disabling all extensions, but no change.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    I can't reproduce this on chrome on OS X, but I can definitely say that I don't see any recent changes that would've affected this at all.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Also can't replicate this error. Did chrome for windows recently receive an update, anyone know?

I'll test it on a few different computers at work tomorrow and see if I can get this nailed down

Weasyl
    Syrinoth
    To my knowledge Chrome didn't update recently (Or at least UAC has not informed me of any major update attempts), but Java did. I'm not sure if that would make a difference though.

Edit: I've since learned that Chrome updates through the documents folder, bypassing UAC, which is why I missed that a newer version rolled out.
    Last edited by Syrinoth; 02-27-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Updated Info

Weasyl
    Onnes
    I think new Chrome beta and stable versions went out over the past couple of days. I didn't get this problem on either my machines using them, though.

I'm on Google Chrome with the newest version (Version 25.0.1364.97 m) and I'm reporting the same error. Nothing has changed on my machine to cause this either.