Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Cursor hovering over Submissions no longer display names.

    I....don't know if its just me that this is happening to...Or...if this was disabled and I didn't hear about it...but yeah.

    Hovering over a submission no longer displays the name as it used to 2-3 days ago I saw it last.

    Is it...just me...? Or was this disabled and I didn't hear about it?

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    pixel-pusher Aden's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    212
    Nothing's changed on this front as far as I know. If you give me your browser, version, and OS I'll check it out. Also, have you installed any new extensions (e.g. noscript) or disabled javascript since you saw these last?

  3. #3
    Junior Mowsey's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Mowsey
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    2
    I've been having the same issue, but only on my desktop...
    Browser: Chrome, Version: 25.0.1364.97 m, OS: Windows 7

    The feature is working fine on my laptop
    Browser: Chrome, Version: 25.0.1364.99, OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8

    The chrome settings are synched between computers, and the submission name thing still works in firefox on my desktop computer.

  4. #4
    Actually came here to report a similar bug, so I'll just add to this thread rather than making a new one -- hovering over a submission thumbnail on the main page doesn't show anything in IE 8 (on a computer with Windows XP) or IE 9 (with Windows 7, version 9.0.8112.16421). I didn't even know there was a feature to show the submission title and artist when you hovered, until I tried viewing the site in Firefox. Don't know how long it's been this way, but I first noticed it on Friday.

  5. #5
    Junior Syrinoth's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Syrinoth
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Contributing with the same problem. The Submission info worked fine on mouse-over for me since last November, but stopped working sometime last week.
    Browser: Chrome Version 25.0.1364.97 m
    OS: Windows 7 6.1

    I just tested it in Firefox and found it to work, but still a no-go in Chrome. I've attempted disabling all extensions, but no change.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    I can't reproduce this on chrome on OS X, but I can definitely say that I don't see any recent changes that would've affected this at all.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    pixel-pusher Aden's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Aden
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    212
    Also can't replicate this error. Did chrome for windows recently receive an update, anyone know?

    I'll test it on a few different computers at work tomorrow and see if I can get this nailed down

  8. #8
    Junior Syrinoth's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Syrinoth
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    To my knowledge Chrome didn't update recently (Or at least UAC has not informed me of any major update attempts), but Java did. I'm not sure if that would make a difference though.

    Edit: I've since learned that Chrome updates through the documents folder, bypassing UAC, which is why I missed that a newer version rolled out.
    Last edited by Syrinoth; 02-27-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Updated Info

  9. #9
    Solifugid Onnes's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Onnes
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    321
    I think new Chrome beta and stable versions went out over the past couple of days. I didn't get this problem on either my machines using them, though.

  10. #10
    I'm on Google Chrome with the newest version (Version 25.0.1364.97 m) and I'm reporting the same error. Nothing has changed on my machine to cause this either.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •