Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[tumblr] Weasyl blog can't take asks, appears to not be linking to tumblr?

Right now the tumblr/blog account for weasyl seems to be...bugged out.

It can't tell that I'm watching it, or that I'm even logged into tumblr. So while I can follow posts for it, I can't ask questions, and if I'm directly on the page it can't even tell that I'm watching it. I don't know if this is because of the theme you're using or something else, but I don't think it's anything on my end.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    It seems to be working fine on my end. I can see that I'm following it as well as submit asks. What web browser are you trying to use?

I'm using firefox, here's a screen cap although I dunno if it helps any. (mostly just to illustrate my problem I suppose)

http://imgur.com/ziLP0RG

I've tried logging in and out of tumblr, and also closed out my browser and reopened it (although now that I think about it I haven't tried clearing my cache so I'm going to try that now).

edit: OK I tried clearing my cache and that didn't help either so I dunno what else to say at the moment...if you have anything else you'd like me to try let me know and I'll try it.
    Last edited by lorenith; 01-23-2014 at 02:36 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Could you try using another browser and seeing if it has the same issues? I'm not quite sure what would cause this.

I gave it a try in Opera and it seems to work fine there, it also looks a little bit different...that's really...curious...It's a real pitty that I don't know how to use Opera really...

Edit: It also works for chrome, so it must be a firefox issue? Or something, I hope that helps, and that it's just some weird thing thats only wrong with my firefox. O.o
    Last edited by lorenith; 01-23-2014 at 03:02 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Taw
    It must be some issue with your Firefox then, though I wouldn't really know what would be causing it. Have you tried clearing cookies?

Just did that...still no go...honestly I give up, I hardly actually send asks over tumblr anyway, and it doesn't seem like this is affecting anyone but me so I think I'll just move on from it. While I'm at it though, is there a place on the forums where I can ask general questions? I've looked around and read the faq and things...and I can't figure out if there is anywhere for that.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Weasyl
    Taw
    General questions about the site? If so, we have Site Discussion, otherwise, you could try General Chat.

Alright, thankyou for trying to help, sorry that something with firefox is all wiggy. O.o

I ran into this back when the blog was new. Clearing all my data fixed it, but if that's no good try disabling all plugins and see if that helps. Failing that, reinstall Firefox.