Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    Manna
    I

um

did you just say 900 people downloaded (and read) your work a week

and then were leaving you 9.2/10 reviews

man sign me the fuck up for this what website was it that was giving your shit away?

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    That was what it said 987 copies for the week! just open a blog on the WordPress site if you want to give it away for free!
    That was one I had copywrited and was selling on Kindle! I could have just screamed that idiot to death when I found out.

Weasyl
    Manna
    yes but who was the specific person doing this gimmie a link pls

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    I deleted it after they took it down, but I did write it down....
    giodiasybesch1986jingnadidddu good luck, I personally would never trust a thief!

- - - Updated - - -

I deleted it after they took it down, but I did write it down....
    giodiasybesch1986jingnadidddu good luck, I personally would never trust a thief!

I received an e-mail saying that the site had taken down the blog in question for violation of their terms of use so I don't know if that ...... is even still there. I do not plan on checking.

UPDATE: Just for peace of mind I went and checked by googling the stories....
    Holy buckets.. they had also stolen two others of my books and when I checked there are now some
    thing in excess of a dozen different individuals who have been shut down for stealing my books.
    How many god......... pirates had them?
    Last edited by Gnarl; 09-20-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Weasyl
    meroe1313
    Since Gnarl brought up copyright, I was wondering: If you self publish, what's the best way to protect your work? I heard that the new copyright laws protect an artist's work as soon as it's created, but that won't hold up in court really. Are there any special copyrights that an artist would need to buy for their work, or just the standard copyright?

I have a novel that I'm going to try one more time to ship out to publishers, but if I don't get a bite this time, I think self-publishing might be my best bet.

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Quote Originally Posted by meroe1313 View Post
    Since Gnarl brought up copyright, I was wondering: If you self publish, what's the best way to protect your work? I heard that the new copyright laws protect an artist's work as soon as it's created, but that won't hold up in court really. Are there any special copyrights that an artist would need to buy for their work, or just the standard copyright?

I have a novel that I'm going to try one more time to ship out to publishers, but if I don't get a bite this time, I think self-publishing might be my best bet.
    ok so here is what I got from the feds at the copy write office.
    If you take a picture of several of your works and make an electronic jpeg out of it, you can copy write them in the same way as you do a book but just list it as art works. by putting several of them on a page and then several pages together then all of the works you put in that document are covered under the same one and you won't have to file individual copy write for each piece. the copy write covers them in whole or in part! And yep these are self published but be warned if you get pirated like I did the only thing you can do is show the web server your copywrite and have them shut down. You could sue for damages but only if your rich enough to put out that kind of money for the lawers. I would copy write them with the feds it only costs $35.00 and only takes a few minutes. then wait about two weeks before you publish. You have several places to put things out there, being: Kindle (amazon) or Barnes and Noble being the most known. there are some others but I am not sure about them yet. If it is a book and someone tells you to mail a copy to yourself certified and then don't open it... that is a load of bunk!!!!! It says right on the copy write offices site that that (poor man's copy write) is not legal and will not hold in court!

Weasyl
    meroe1313
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl View Post
    ok so here is what I got from the feds at the copy write office.
    Thanks, this is very helpful. I too had heard about the mailing a copy to yourself bit... I had no idea that it wasn't official.

An author who basically a self publisher is an author,the author is responsible for publishing and marketing the book of his own.
    where in traditional publishing author submits the content to the publishing Industry and editor reads it and decides weather to accept or reject it..
    If you’re an author and looking for the self book publishing site? Then, you’ve come at the right place.

skype me +441296612966