Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Too much Furry.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yep. No claims made, no land lost. Let's do art.
    I definitely agree - for me it's more of a community thing. I find it a lot harder to relate artistically to furry artists, and I've got this niggling fear in the back of my mind that if there's a huge contrast between furry artists and general artists (like a 10 to 1 ratio or higher?) the community would start to mimic furaffinity, and become uninviting to non-furry artists.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Non-furry here. Sure I got some sonas, and people tend to prefer my anthros but I'm not into them like I used ta. Hope that evens out some odds.

But yeah, the beauty of Weasyl as people said is that it's pretty non-discriminatory based on fandom; even better, non-discriminatory on mediums either!

Quote Originally Posted by Psuedoimp View Post
    I got no beef with furries or furry art, but I gotta agree that I need more people to talk about my FILTHY HYOOMAN CHARACTERS with that don't intimidate my tiny babby self esteem..
    Hey.. Hey.. We can talk about our filthy human characters together.
    ..Forever.

Despite the current furry majority [though I used to be a furry way back when!], I'm here mostly for the community. You guys seem pretty awesome [and diverse!].

Weasyl
    N/A
    Mmmm, I was under the impression that Weasyl was a furry site, but welcomed non-furry art.

But since it's openly encouraging every kind of art, that's something I'm pleased with. :> Furaffinity was open to all kinds of art, but a lot of the community were behaving like asshats and going "this is not furry, gtfo." It's good knowing that Weasyl isn't going to have a repeat of that.

Quote Originally Posted by nakattack View Post
    Hey.. Hey.. We can talk about our filthy human characters together.
    ..Forever.
    Yes ok I am ok with that.

Well now that I see their is still some of a non-furry community I am at ease. Hopefully we can all be at peace between us non-furries and furries.

Great conversation boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I don't feel there's anything particularly furry about Wesley, and feel as though he's more Disney-esque than a full-blown anthro. And although the name is pronounced like an animal, we do intend to stress the combining of the words "we, easy and easel" in future promotion.

I'm also personally interested in bringing on more non-furry admins in the future, to reflect the diversity and interests of more than one part of the community. We currently have about 4 staff members who aren't really furries, and would like to increase that down the road (although that isn't to say that people who are part of the furry fandom will be turned away). As the complaints with DeviantART would show, the whole art community is in need of a better comprehensive art site, not just furries, and we intend to make our site a place where everyone feels welcomed.
    I am actually quite glad to hear this!

I was worried over a facebook discussion whether or not this was going to be a mainly furry art site and wasn't quite sure if I'd be able to post stuff here and not be 'drowned out' so to speak. While I do have a few anthro-esque characters in a sense, its not something I draw exclusively and I'm not a part of any furry communities. So I'm just glad that there is room for everything and that this is primarily an art site first rather than a site catering to one niche :). Variety is good and all that junk.

Weasyl
    Morphology
    Quote Originally Posted by Psuedoimp View Post
    Yes ok I am ok with that.
    I already got a thread started encouraging people to draw environments in Critiques and Tutorials, and It'd be great if we could also get people to do threads about drawing people, scenes, cars, movement, perspective and whatnot. Ya know, elements of drawing that are universal to all fandoms.

And I'm always up for discussing characters regardless of genre. XD

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Moving to Site Discussion as it is more appropriate there.

Weasyl
    teckworks
    I'm not a very good furry, I still find humans attractive. :< I love drawing humans. and anthroes alike. I have a few human characters, and I even have a humanized version of one of my furry chars who poses as a Pokémon trainer on the side. Gotta love 8th dimensional character swapping~ :> I don't mind the art or the content at all. If I like it, I'll admire it. If I don't like it, I'll ignore it and move on. Even if it's drawn badly...if it has a charm or humor to it, I'll like it, hence why I like all them shitty MSPaint drawings I see on the internets.
    Last edited by teckworks; 08-01-2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: typo