Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Too much Furry.

Too much Furry.

Yeah I know this site was probably made for furries. But for us non-furries would like our own sections to discuss and post our art.

Thanks.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Why would you need your own section? Art is art.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fiz
    While the forums have certainly attracted a lot of those in the furry fandom, it was not made "for furries". Weasyl is for all sorts of artists and art appreciators!

Non-furs are free to discuss and post their own art in the provided sections.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Ben
    The site was made for all groups actually! The art forums below are free to be used by anyone. Just make a thread, and feel free to share. There's no reason everyone can't intermingle seamlessly, and we stand by that. If you're interested in increasing the diversity around here, feel free to invite users from other communities. I know I'll be doing that myself in the coming weeks/months, and I encourage users to invite everyone they know, regardless of what they affiliate themselves with (although no KKK members, if you wouldn't mind).

When the site launches however, it will be possible to filter out certain kinds of artwork, and create groups based on different interests. So if for any reason you don't want to see things like that, you'll be able to.
    Last edited by Ben; 07-29-2012 at 01:57 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Weasyl
    Fayv
    There's a lot of furry art right now, but all art is supported here. if you want to post non-furry art go for it. I don't see how having your own section would be helpful except to just split the forums with many different subforums and split the community.

We have plenty of users that like a variety of things. few like furry art or anime art exclusively, so why make exclusive subforums.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Weasyl doesn't discriminate against non-furry art. :> Or non-furries in general. Just like you'll find people on fA that don't consider themselves furries or associate themselves with the fandom. Like Aleu said, art is art and it's not like one particular kind deserves more respect/attention than another.

Weasyl
    N/A
    There's very many non-furry submissions on FA, and Weasyl is not going to be any different. However, furry art will likely be the majority, hence the furry mascot, furry admins, furry name, and furry members.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Quote Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post
    Yeah I know this site was probably made for furries. But for us non-furries would like our own sections to discuss and post our art.

Thanks.
    I joined the minecraft server on your signature, and they have me working for them already!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Weasyl
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    There's very many non-furry submissions on FA, and Weasyl is not going to be any different. However, furry art will likely be the majority, hence the furry mascot, furry admins, furry name, and furry members.
    I don't feel there's anything particularly furry about Wesley, and feel as though he's more Disney-esque than a full-blown anthro. And although the name is pronounced like an animal, we do intend to stress the combining of the words "we, easy and easel" in future promotion.

I'm also personally interested in bringing on more non-furry admins in the future, to reflect the diversity and interests of more than one part of the community. We currently have about 4 staff members who aren't really furries, and would like to increase that down the road (although that isn't to say that people who are part of the furry fandom will be turned away). As the complaints with DeviantART would show, the whole art community is in need of a better comprehensive art site, not just furries, and we intend to make our site a place where everyone feels welcomed.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by acefredfred View Post

Thanks.
    assassfred, if you're talking about the stuff you build in the server, you can post pictures in the Minecraft thread in the Entertainment section :O. If you're talking about drawings, holy shit I didn't know you could draw. But ya, some peeps here do human art as well, it's just mostly Furry

Quote Originally Posted by Eminoxic View Post
    I joined the minecraft server on your signature, and they have me working for them already!
    Yay, that means the mutual advertisement is working :3. I got half a dozen of my server's players to come in here, and now we got one new player, the plan is working so far :O