Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    People using mobile devices with an OS that has no ability to play steam games?
    I used imo.IM with Steam just to contact someone on my training course to see if they were running late or not, it was funny.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Personally, I found the steam chat app to be much more user and UI friendly than other chat clients out on the store. Who doesn't use steam nowadays?
    Me? I have very little desire to use Steam because I don't like the way it forces people to be dependent on the internet. It's great if you got a high-speed, uncapped internet but last year we had 8gb internet per month for the entire family and even the fastest available broadband in South Africa is slower than the global average speed. My own is supposed to be upgraded sometime but is currently 0,37mbps maximum. Just for reference the South African average is 3,4mbps and the global average is 12,7mbps. So you'll forgive me if I'm not supportive of systems that demand permanent internet connections or for me to download gigs of data at a time.
    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
    ~John Stuart Mill~

Furry News: http://www.flayrah.com/

I'm surprised nobody has suggested Trillian. It exists for Android, PC, and web (for those computers you can't install anything on), and since it's a multi-protocol, you can sign into gtalk, yim, aim, msn and others with a single program. On PC it also can log onto skype as well. So as far as 'best android chat client', yeah, I'd say hands down Trillian.

I think the latest is the We Chat... I always her an ad about it. But been using Facebook chat, Skype and Viber... The latest development in Facebook chat is cute. It pops an an a circle with an image of the person chatting... It's very easy to handle.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    I use whatsapp and steam to chat on mobile. Skype android annoys me as does FB messenger. I was going to try kik but no need, it'd just be a resource hog.

I use skype now n then, steam chat seems more social than the other IMs.

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Trillian. It replaces pretty much everything but Skype and Steam and has a pretty half decent interface. That said, most everyone I talk to are only on Skype and Steam, so since AIM, MSN, etc have all kind of fallen by the wayside or been abandoned, Trillian hasn't been quite so useful as it was even just six months ago.

Sucks because both Steam and Skype have shitty UI and are pretty heavy on battery. Trillian can be battery heavy too, so it all combines to make for a bad time.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Well for those still using IMO messenger for Android, they will no longer support 3rd party messengers, so I believe Trillian is one of the few that still does it?

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Yeah, my recommendation is still Trillian. It's not likely to remove chat services anytime soon.

Weasyl
    irick
    In terms of general best chat app, my vote is for IRCcloud. It's for IRC only, but the interface is great.
    In terms of a multi-protocol app I remember nothing but good things about IM+, i'll have to try out pidgin on android though.
    We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
    -- Carl Sagan

I'm on furnet IRC! Please drop by irc.furnet.org's #hackerfurs and say hi.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    Quote Originally Posted by irick View Post
    In terms of general best chat app, my vote is for IRCcloud. It's for IRC only, but the interface is great.
    In terms of a multi-protocol app I remember nothing but good things about IM+, i'll have to try out pidgin on android though.
    IM+ is ok, but you have to pay to use some of the different chats, like Skype. If I remember right it was either 0.99 cents or $1.99 for just Skype. Its a great platform aside from that little fact though. <3 And I'm definitely going to check out Pidgin. I loved it on my PC