Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

Best Android chat app?

The last app I liked was IMO. I didn't upgrade when they added GPS permissions but eventually I decided to give it a go. It was a huge mistake. They had changed the UI, added ads and my data use shot way up. So then I started trying out some of the other apps and have been using IMO because it had the best UI and nice history. Unfortunately I'm still not really satisfied because it also has ads, uses way too much data and keeps losing connection when minimised for more than a few minutes. I've sort of been able to bypass the data issue by connecting to ADSL modem at home but that doesn't reach all of the house so it limits movement a bit.

So does anyone here use Android chat apps and what has been the best ones? Ideally I want no ads and to be able to connected to MSN (although that'll be Skype soon), Yahoo! and GTalk. ICQ would be a plus.
    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
    ~John Stuart Mill~

Furry News: http://www.flayrah.com/

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    I'd say Skype for Android would be the best for your needs, though in general I find that Yiffr is REALLY good despite the battery hogging it does. Talk to local furs, who also use it, and maybe even meet up with them :3

Weasyl
    Kepler
    Have you tried Pidgin?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky15756 View Post
    I'd say Skype for Android would be the best for your needs, though in general I find that Yiffr is REALLY good despite the battery hogging it does. Talk to local furs, who also use it, and maybe even meet up with them :3
    But doesn't Skype messenger only work for Skype?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Have you tried Pidgin?
    On PC, yes, but I'm not aware of it having an Android version.
    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
    ~John Stuart Mill~

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    It does just work for Skype, but since you're going to be migrating your MSN Messenger contacts to Skype...?

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    I mostly use Skype and sometimes GTalk on my Android device.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky15756 View Post
    It does just work for Skype, but since you're going to be migrating your MSN Messenger contacts to Skype...?
    I've got some contacts that are exclusive to Yahoo! or GTalk. I'd have to check on those first.
    ~John Stuart Mill~

Weasyl
    Kepler
    Yes, there is indeed an android version Pidgin.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Personally, I found the steam chat app to be much more user and UI friendly than other chat clients out on the store. Who doesn't use steam nowadays?

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Who doesn't use steam nowadays?
    People using mobile devices with an OS that has no ability to play steam games?