Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Faeox

So today i ate some potato chips...

To be specific, the chicken and waffles flavored potato chips by Lays. They were just as awful as the name implies. I've heard the other two aren't bad though, so i might try them out if i get a chance.

To clarify, those were one of the three new flavors released by Lays as the finalists for their Design a Flavor contest.

To anyone that's had these, or the other flavors, what is your take on them?
    As the cigarette shot down the street used to say,
    "Peace out."

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    What, you mean these flavors are real? I thought that was just some photoshopped picture when someone showed it to me.

I'm not a big fan of Lays anyway, President's Choice makes the absolute best chips and actually one of the cheapest, too! I'm a sucker for their Jamaican jerk chicken chips.

To be specific, the chicken and waffles flavored potato chips by Lays.
    Did they have a syrup-y taste?
    Icon by Lingrimm.

Weasyl
    Faeox
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    What, you mean these flavors are real? I thought that was just some photoshopped picture when someone showed it to me.

I'm not a big fan of Lays anyway, President's Choice makes the absolute best chips and actually one of the cheapest, too! I'm a sucker for their Jamaican jerk chicken chips.
    Oh yes, they are very much real, and i've never heard of those, the grocery stores around here probably don't carry the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosr View Post
    I cannot say that I've ever seen them around, but I doubt that I wouldn't give them a try if I was able to eat crisps. Sometimes the strangest of combinations create the most interesting flavour and textures, such as banana and bacon put together on a pizza.
    Was this competition United States based, or is it world-wide matter?
    I can fully agree with that statement, we once put fried chicken in a chocolate fountain, it was delicious. Also, i'm not sure if it was US only or not, i didn't participate xD

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    Did they have a syrup-y taste?
    Not really, it was just... bad. That's really the only way to explain it. I imagine it's one of those tastes that you either love or hate.
    As the cigarette shot down the street used to say,
    "Peace out."

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeox View Post
    Oh yes, they are very much real, and i've never heard of those, the grocery stores around here probably don't carry the brand.
    Really? Aww man, it must suck to live somewhere with only bland brands of food.

Weasyl
    Toshabi

Weasyl
    Sparky15756
    I remember Lays/Walkers, Walkers in the UK for me, had a design a flavor contest a few years back. I sent my flavor design in and it was one of the few choosen, though loads of people sent the same one in, and I got myself a certificate for it :3 Fish and Chip flavor <3

Quote Originally Posted by Faeox View Post
    To be specific, the chicken and waffles flavored potato chips by Lays. They were just as awful as the name implies. I've heard the other two aren't bad though, so i might try them out if i get a chance.

To clarify, those were one of the three new flavors released by Lays as the finalists for their Design a Flavor contest.

To anyone that's had these, or the other flavors, what is your take on them?
    Oh, it's a Lays thing! I thought that Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles had expanded their brand.

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Lays are alright, they're usually quite nice in any flavours, but then again I'm not too picky and would eat anything! xD

Walkers is my usual favourites, but I usually like the Salted ones.

Weasyl
    KaneQuicktail
    I've heard about these new flavors, they sound nasty.