Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    Shitstorm waiting to happen. :V

Personally idgaf what anyone identifies as, if you're not a douchenozzle and don't act like a generally nasty person, I could care less if you're therian/otherkin/Christian/Anarchist. Whatever.
    ^ Basically yeah.

I've met people in the kin community with somewhat odd kintypes, but are perfectly sane, rational, lovely people. I've also met others with more "normal" types who are completely delusional drama whores.

Same goes with any community I've been in, you get awesome people and assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuen Growlithe View Post
    I didn't say people aren't entitled to believe what they will but the situation is not nearly as simple as you make it out to be. What I do say is that science is the only way of finding out what is true that we have and that has produced results. So those believes are factually incorrect. To me if something is true or not is important, more important than what someone would like to be true. While I would like to let people believe what they want there is a much darker side to those beliefs which is why I feel an obligation to fight them. Those beliefs are harmful, either by themselves, such as parents who let their children die because they believe in faith healing or some other alternative medicine, or because they allow a credulous mindset to flourish, leaving society more vulnerable to the former beliefs.

There are good things that stem from people's beliefs but those come with a bad things as well and are based on invalid premises. I want the good parts but I also think we can get those without having to deny reality.

I have a HUGE problem with people using their spiritual beliefs to do things like that. Christians who persecute homosexual people, faith healers, those who think Evolution is a product of the devil.

despite being a person with spiritual beliefs, I KNOW that science is the only thing we have right now with hard fact to back it up, and that basing laws on religion, forcing a lifestyle onto someone because of religion, is extremely fucked up and will get us absolutely no where.

Weasyl
    N/A
    In addition: Tumblr is an awful place in GENERAL.
    There are some 'kin identities I just CANNOT take seriously, but it's not my place to say so. If it makes them happy and it's not hurting anyone, whatever. Easily ignored.

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanita View Post
    More for me. I think we can let you slide with the wine.

Sanita
    *slides away with a glass* >.> *also makes off with the scotch and the brandy*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    Tumblr is an awful place for any type of politics. Misinformation spreads like wildfire because emotions > logic, and thus you have thousands of people basing their beliefs on false information.
    Exactly, and the warped version of Social Justice they practice is just...mindboggling. I see arguments there over things no one in the real world would give two shits about.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSareth View Post
    Exactly, and the warped version of Social Justice they practice is just...mindboggling. I see arguments there over things no one in the real world would give two shits about.
    b-b-b-b-b-but m-muh f-feelings

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    In addition: Tumblr is an awful place in GENERAL.
    There are some 'kin identities I just CANNOT take seriously, but it's not my place to say so. If it makes them happy and it's not hurting anyone, whatever. Easily ignored.
    Typically, even thoe most extreme are pretty harmless, except to further damage our reputation, though the brand of crazy that tends to flock to Tumblr may challenge that theory ( what with some defending beastiality and pedophillia, oi >.< that cause me a headache for a while)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    b-b-b-b-b-but m-muh f-feelings
    HEY, you need to tag your whining, whining TRIGGERS ME, HOW DARE YOU NOT TAG UR TRIGGERS!1111

Weasyl
    N/A
    Typically, even thoe most extreme are pretty harmless, except to further damage our reputation, though the brand of crazy that tends to flock to Tumblr may challenge that theory ( what with some defending beastiality and pedophillia, oi >.< that cause me a headache for a while)
    I could rant and rave about how much I hate tumblr and why, but I'd rather not get off topic.
    But yeah, I agree with you. Some people..............

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    I could rant and rave about how much I hate tumblr and why, but I'd rather not get off topic.
    But yeah, I agree with you. Some people..............
    Sad thing is I have Tumblr open in another tab *falls, dies*

But yeah, not to get off topic XD

Weasyl
    Tango
    *slides away with a glass* >.> *also makes off with the scotch and the brandy*
    Bull vagina! You ain't taking -all- the scotch! I will fight you over that one. :V
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

My thoughts on Otherkin?
    I had something long written out, but I don't want to apply a billow to the embers.

Basically, all I'll say is, how the hell can people beleive something that was drempt up on Usenet in 1990 based around a game? Seriously, how!?

- - - Updated - - -

It always trikes me as odd how people single out Tumblr and Tumblr alone. FurAffinity, Blogger, deviantART, Facebook, MySpace, Countless Forums et al. are all just as bad. Because, you know, ITS THE INTERNET.

Weasyl
    N/A
    In my opinion, religion is not the same as otherkin. Depending on the religion, it's not hypocritical to dismiss otherkin.
    For example. If you believe in reincarnation then yes it'd be hypocritical.
    If you do not believe in reincarnation then it is not hypocritical.

So disregarding religion, you're born human. You are not some cat/dog/wolf/whatever spirit in a human's body. You're a freaking human.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.