Protect your art~! For artists and commissioners to read!

http://youtu.be/oWXYoD7wfOs

I...don't even need to explain anything because the video does it all for me. xD

Sad that that video had to be made, but indeed, too many people just give their talent away because they don't know how to properly promote themselves or they don't know how to say 'no.' This whole issue ultimately stems from the fact that the arts are woefully undervalued in society, at least US society.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    Sad that that video had to be made, but indeed, too many people just give their talent away because they don't know how to properly promote themselves or they don't know how to say 'no.' This whole issue ultimately stems from the fact that the arts are woefully undervalued in society, at least US society.
    I know right? Its ten times more undervalued where I come from-- especially since I draw furries and fantasy creatures. I only make money because I can sell on the internet. :/

Weasyl
    doki
    I'm at fault for this so much. I always think that my work isn't worth it.

This video should be spread everywhere.

Weasyl
    N/A
    this isn't exactly reading :/
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Not sure if I'm at fault. Actually, There was one time when I allowed a now-defunct forum to use a simple emoticon sprite for free. But then again, that was back when I didn't really had any way to get money online (that and I thought it was subpar)

After watching the video, it also made me question my current comission list; where it's $2 for a sketch, $3 for inked, and $5 for a colored piece. There was an artist who once told me to never charge below $5 for similar reasons the person gave in the video. I turned my back on that advice because I figured my current skill was deserving of that price range. That and it might get more people attracted.

I'm not really sure if I should keep my current price or at least make it so sketches are at least $5.