Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Booze Thread!

Weasyl
    Tango

Booze Thread!

I looked around and did not see one so here we go! What kind of alcohol do you enjoy? For me it depends on my mood. Mostly I drink Johnny Walker Black Label straight in shot glasses. Sometimes if I'm feeling classy I'll go with a nice merlot wine. As far as beer I drink guiness, Killian's red, or a Trappist wheat beer from the specialty store down the road.

I also enjoy mead, honey wine, and the occasional margarita.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    My family's wine, all the way! Sadly it's discontinued now since the last wine maker in the family died a few years ago.

We've been making wine since the middle ages; that centuries-old tradition got killed by that one law that was passed that made homebrewing illegal.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    My favorite booze is booze.

Let's see, I usually drink craft beer. IPAs, Belgian ales, stouts, porters, or really any beer that doesn't suck. My personal favorites include Gulden Draak, Old Rasputin, Goose Island Bourbon County, and Trappistes Rochefort 10.
    I also drink straight Bourbon when I need something more drunkardly. Johnny Walker Black, Woodford Reserve, and Maker's Mark are decent common whiskeys. Less common would be Bourbons like Rowan's Creek or Elijah Craig.
    Last edited by Onnes; 02-19-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    I enjoy the drink greatly. I'm a big lover of dark beers/ales, my usual brands being Newcastle, Guinness, and Arrogant Bastard. As for hard liquor, I can really only handle whiskey and rum straight (spiced preferred), the rest I prefer in cocktails only. As for my wines, I love a good aromatic red.

Weasyl
    serbus
    I usually stick to wine, but during the summer and fall I make a sexy hard cider that my friends and I enjoy at our D&D meets.

I lost my good yeast culture this winter though cause I was an idiot and it exploded. >< So I'm eagerly awaiting summer so I can try to collect some more.
    Currently hiring for:
    Not currently hiring

I also sell art, feel free to contact me for a quote!

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Quote Originally Posted by serbus View Post
    I usually stick to wine, but during the summer and fall I make a sexy hard cider that my friends and I enjoy at our D&D meets.

I lost my good yeast culture this winter though cause I was an idiot and it exploded. >< So I'm eagerly awaiting summer so I can try to collect some more.
    Home brewing can be awesome. A coworker of mine brewed his own batch of stout and mead. We're eagerly awaiting while it ages so we can pop the stuff open! And you gotta watch out with that yeast, it could cause some trouble. I remember when I was very young, my great grandfather was making wine, and I was there when the pressure blew a valve off a cask. Hit him square in the forehead.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by serbus View Post

D&D you say? I'm considering running a 3.5 D&D/Pathfinder game over Skype sometime.

Sanita
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    KaneQuicktail
    Jack Daniels Old No. 7, Gentleman Jack, Jaegermeister, Kracken spiced rum for the hard liquors.

I can't drink too much beer as it gives me migraines and a 100% chance of hangover, Blue Moon, Shock Top, Magic Hat and several local craft brews throughout Central NY

Weasyl
    serbus
    @Kangaroo: Yeah, it can be dangerous if you forget to release the pressure or if you don't have a pressure valve. I don't do any beers because I made a vow as a kid not to drink beer until I reached Germany and I have yet to put my foot down on German soil. XD If that ever happens though I'm totally adding hops to my garden. I've made a couple good wines, but I generally stick to the cider cause I'm not patient enough to let it sit too long.

@Sanita: D&D is a good classic, but I'm getting a bit burnt out by it. We're gonna try a Serenity game soon, which I'm GMing, so we'll see how that goes. ><
    Currently hiring for:
    Not currently hiring

I also sell art, feel free to contact me for a quote!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I looooooove Mudslides. They're probably my absolute favorite followed by Strawberry Daiquiris and Monkey Juice. Rum and coke is also good for just casual drinking
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.