Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Booze Thread!

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    For something complete different, I ran into an awesome dry Cava (Spanish sparkling wine) over the holidays: Segura Viudas Brut. It's an excellent crisp and not overly fruity sparkling wine in its own right, but the truly remarkable thing about it was that it retails under $10. In the under-$20 budget segment of sparkling wines this thing is very hard to beat.
    Got it at Costco? I had the same stuff for New Year's. :3
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Got it at Costco? I had the same stuff for New Year's. :3
    Actually, a combination wine and antiques store. Rural America can be interesting. Pretty much a perfect wine for Costco, though; even the antique store had crates for sale.

We had another dry sparkling wine at the same time, a Mumm Napa Brut Prestige, and it was really close call between the two.

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    I go straight for those wheat beers, Jager shots, or car bombs! If I go for a regular mixed drink, I prefer something fruity or an irish coffee, and if I do shots, it's flavored vodka :9

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    As a poor college student I just gorge myself on cheapo beer, but if I had the choice I'd go with a fifth of Jameson and some pellegrino and bitters, ain't no other drink ya need. White russians aren't bad either >:3
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    MEEHOO
    It depends on the occasion really

If im having a drink at home its just beer like corona or budweiser
    But if im drinking to get drunk pretty much anything with a percentage will do

Not really into fancy beverages to be honest
    Last edited by MEEHOO; 01-07-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Weasyl
    spits
    i don't drink beer, but i'm a big fan of fruity liquors. chambord, kinky, limoncello, shakka, hypnotiq, etc are my go-tos. i like to mix 1/4 green tea and 3/4 any of those three. oh, and jager. jager is also good, but that's about the only dark liquor i'll enjoy willingly.

Weasyl
    Fawna
    I'm fond of any alcohol that doesn't taste like hand sanitizer!
    Click me.
    Or don't, I guess...

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawna View Post
    I'm fond of any alcohol that doesn't taste like hand sanitizer!
    Oh that's a gross thought.

When I was in college I used the "I'm broke so I'll just drink 40s.' excuse. But now that I'm graduated ... I still mostly drink 40s. They're just so cheap!!!
    Watch me swooce right in.

Bought myself a Crowmoor extra dry apple cider just because the label art was quite appealing to me and then just Strongbow because Gibby for today.

Weasyl
    chocomage
    I try to stick with high class american beers. Bud light, busch, god forbid I'm forced to drink coors light. If I feel in a fancier beer mood I'll go with blue moon (without an orange) or mac and jack. Rarely I will pick a random IPA just to get something different.

If I am going for hard alcohol I get whisky coke at a bar. Depending on selection I usually go with makers mark or pendleton. If I am getting crazy I get irish trashcans which consist of light rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, blue curacao, peach schnaps and red bull. Sometimes it is topped with 151 but that depends on the bartender.

At home I drink a variety of pretty much everything. I got a collection of about 20 different booze bottles (fifths) I have had over the past year since I moved into my apartment. My favorite choice is bacardi gold. Its fairly cheap but I find it has a very distinct flavor lovable.

I cannot for the life of me drink tequila but with that said when I do drink tequila I drink tarantula. I feel that is more along the lines of a liquor like fireball or jager tho. Tarantula is technically a tequila but whose paying attention that much to detail?

Booze is a very complicated science.