Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Booze Thread!

Weasyl
    nanakisan
    Quote Originally Posted by KaneQuicktail View Post
    I just had a local brew belgian style ale, most excellent. Ommegang's Rare Vos ale, reminds me of Shock Top, it has that hint of orange enough where you don't need to garnish it with a wedge like Blue Moon. It has an excellent aftertaste and goes pretty good with spaghetti, heh.
    Hmmm i've been getting a lot of good words about Ommegangs. At the store they have three philosophers among others. any suggestions. Because i don't like paying $10 for a beer i might not like. ugh. hahaha

Weasyl
    Onnes
    If you ever find yourself wondering about a beer then check out beeradvocate.com.

Right now I'm drinking Great Divide's "Colette" Farmhouse Ale. Lighter and spicier than most Belgians but with a similar hit of yeast.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Jager, Absinthe, Irish Cream, Scotch, and Rum for me.

Coupled with a strong No for Tequila and Beer.

Weasyl
    KaneQuicktail
    Quote Originally Posted by nanakisan View Post
    Hmmm i've been getting a lot of good words about Ommegangs. At the store they have three philosophers among others. any suggestions. Because i don't like paying $10 for a beer i might not like. ugh. hahaha
    I took a shot with Ommegang just on a whim and I really enjoyed it. Rare Vos was right up my alley and was just as I expected it. I'd suggest giving it a shot, I'll probably buy one this week to try it myself. The price is a bit much, but you get about 2-3 glasses out of it. In my opinion, it was worth the price.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Ahh, the Drink of Iniquity. I'll go ahead and get this out of the way and say that I cannot stand any sort of beer, lager, pale ale or stout (and believe me, I have tried enough of them to warrant a judgement, half of them quality microbrews even), and tequila can go to the Seventh Circle of Hell. Not a big fan of rum either due to it giving me headaches and making me horrendously sleepy, despite the fact that I like it's taste. However, alcohol I do like includes Irish cream, Jagermeister, absinthe, most flavored liqueurs (I'm picky about their quality though), spiced cider, scotch and good vodka. I also have a thing for mixed drinks and cocktails as well as "boozy shakes."

...I want some Bailey's now.

I've taken a liking to Jameson. I'll typically have it with ginger ale, but if I'm free on a nice summer's day, I've taken to having hotty toddies. Besides whiskey, I very much love my beer. I usually gravitate towards stouts, imperial stouts, and IPAs, and just recently having discovered a personal favorite, Beliner Weisse. I absolutely fell for that tart flavor. We've got a lot of nice beer bars around here, so I always like trying something new every time I visit.

Besides all that, I enjoy a nice glass of red every once in a while. I'm not very knowledgeable with wines, but I prefer red

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Primarily I go for cider, but I'm also partial to Jagermeister mixed with energy drink (If I want to stay awake all night)

My main issue is a poor capacity for mixing drinks, or drinking too much. Tends to make me very ill "/
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    Vae
    Vodka and rum. Those put me in my happy place.

Kahlua and wine, also.

Although my favorite things in terms of actual drinks are long island iced teas, margaritas, and rum and cokes.
    Resident Koopa Trash

I'm a fan of whiskeys.
    The older the better.

Nothing against beer though, or vodka.
    Vodka is great after it's sat in the freezer for a moment. Sub-zero liquid.

Rum is good too. I want some of it now, actually.

Never been much of a wine person myself.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I'm a fan of whiskeys.
    The older the better.

Nothing against beer though, or vodka.
    Vodka is great after it's sat in the freezer for a moment. Sub-zero liquid.

Rum is good too. I want some of it now, actually.

Never been much of a wine person myself.
    I'd like to be able to drink whiskeys neat everytime.. still working on that.
    I like a few whiskeys and rums,
    recently discovered I'm allergic to amarettos, (I miss dissarano)
    had wine once, never again.
    I drink a lot of beer at social times, so-so fan of it though
    Would rather go for Jager or Honey JD and coke though.