Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Open Beta Was A Success!

I've spoken to a few people who were waiting for weasyl to open up. I was one of them to be honest. Clearly, there was a lot of people who were thinking along the same wavelength. You've created such a desireable website, thats something of an impressive feat all its own!

Weasyl
    Pathea
    Congratz!
    I registered the 18th, and I already love so much this site!

Weasyl
    Vey
    Honestly, I'm a little confused with friends/followers.
    Does friending someone also deliver all the notifications for submissions and journals that following does? Or does one have to friend and follow for that? That's a little counter-intuitive.
    There is no spoon…

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Vey View Post
    Honestly, I'm a little confused with friends/followers.
    Does friending someone also deliver all the notifications for submissions and journals that following does? Or does one have to friend and follow for that? That's a little counter-intuitive.
    The friends feature is largely about who can see what you post. You can post journals or submissions that are 'friends only" and as the words say, only your friends see that submission/journal. You don't need to be someone's friend to see what they post publicly. You need to be their friend to be able to see what they post privately.

Weasyl
    Vey
    But doesn't being a friend imply being a follower 99% of the time? Although… this needs some thought, to work out the logic.

Also, any plans on introducing JIRA or something similarly productive for defect and suggestion tracking? If you guys are using some form of Agile methodology, JIRA will be perfect — forum will get unmanageable pretty fast once more and more people join.
    There is no spoon…

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Vey View Post
    But doesn't being a friend imply being a follower 99% of the time? Although… this needs some thought, to work out the logic.
    I don't think you're quite getting it.
    Friending people just means that you see the PRIVATE submissions. That is, if you go to said friend's submission page, you can see the ones that are not for public as well as the public ones. I believe if you friend AND follow then you get the updates on the private journals or submissions rather than just seeing it on their page.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Wachhund
    Congratz for Success :3
    I have to say, I like the feeling of weasyl.
    Great job!