Weasyl
    traficalshours

A Tisket a Tasket New Person from the Basket

Hey there peeps, just joined the site after hearing about some issues on FA, and because I was afraid that eventually all the artists I loved and followed would leave there as well. I'm aspiring to be a concept artist, or get into the gaming industry in some way. I'm not afraid of critique, but I don't take kindly to people who are rude to just be rude.

I hope to make some friends over time, and definitely make a name for myself.

Welcome. Sounds like we're in similar boats. It's nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing you around, and good luck in your artsy endeavors.

Weasyl
    traficalshours
    Thanks a bunch. I'm really hopeful with this new site. I know that the internet is not perfect in any way, shape, fashion, or form, but I read through the TOS, and all that other stuff (something I've only recently started doing) and I liked what I saw.

I know what you mean. So far I've encountered quite a bit less "furry drama" than on other sites. That's a very good thing in my book.

Weasyl
    traficalshours
    It's not even just the drama, it's also art theft, and harrassment. (I have never dealt with these issues yet, but one day I might.)

For my part, I'm hoping to find a site where I can get some REAL feedback and critique, though so far I haven't gotten much of anything in the way of comments. Ah, well! At least it's more active than Sheezyart and more personal than Deviantart! Welcome to Weasyl! Here's to building a better community!

Quote Originally Posted by traficalshours View Post
    It's not even just the drama, it's also art theft, and harrassment. (I have never dealt with these issues yet, but one day I might.)
    Could be because I'm pessimistic, but I think that is mostly because the site was only opened to the public recently and registration was sort-of moderated before (with the invitation-only thing).

However (not to be a complete downer D: ), let's hope it stays a fun community!

Weasyl
    traficalshours
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Could be because I'm pessimistic, but I think that is mostly because the site was only opened to the public recently and registration was sort-of moderated before (with the invitation-only thing).
    I don't know about any of that going on here, but I do know there have been plenty of problems that I have read about on FA, tumblr, ect.