Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: #PlayStation2013

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I heard speculation hitting prices up to $750. My heart stopped beating for a moment.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I hope PS4 isn't largely a case of "same, but prettier" and there's a good bunch of games that do what hasn't already been possible.

I'll take two!

But seriously - I'm really excited about the PS4. I've had consoles from the big three (MS, Nintendo, Sony) from nearly every generation starting with the Super Nintendo and the PlayStations are the only ones I havn't sold second hand a year later (apart from the afformentioned Super Nintendo as well as the Game Cube, those I've had since new).

Hopefully the price wont be too high - although the PS3 when it launched in the UK was only 425; it was justifiable considering what the PS3 could do and how expensive stand-alone blu-ray players were at the time. The PS4 should be cheaper than that as its being built around tried and tested technologies, unlike the PS3 with its then new Cell Processor design.

TL;DR
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Th-... they're going to give everyone a microphone bundled with the system?

The horror, the horror. ;A;

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    So done with Playstation and Xbox and all their BS. Buying a Steambox when it comes out and probably a WiiU and otherwise sticking to PC gaming and handheld systems.

mmm I haven't seen a really better graphics, I hope being wrong and people who make games start to use the whole potential of PS4. I have heard also they can't do better cause economical issues... Then maybe PS4 won't be too expensive as was PS3 when they sold at the begining.

If the price turns out to be $500+, just spring for getting a gaming computer built together instead. Unlike a console that can't be upgraded over time hardware wise, a computer can. Besides, most games that come out on Sony platforms are multiplatform anyhow, and can be played on PC, unlike Nintendo who probably holds the record for most single platform games. I built my gaming rig for $700 and it should be able to play games at high levels for the next 5 to 10 years, tops.

I will judge the PS4 by how photorealistic GT6's graphics end up being.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSareth View Post
    So done with Playstation and Xbox and all their BS. Buying a Steambox when it comes out and probably a WiiU and otherwise sticking to PC gaming and handheld systems.
    You say you're done with the Sony and XBOX BS yet you're considering teh Wii U? Thats the worst offender of the lot, charging an extortionate amount of money for something that would've been considered outdated three years ago.

The Steam Box?
    HA HA.
    Dude, its a Steam branded Linux PC, with the only model actually worth buying (with a decent graphics card and processor, which whats his face at valve called the "Best") costing just as much if not more than an actual gaming PC at around 800+.

Just build a silent running gaming PC and stick it under your TV. You'd save money and get the same experiance.

Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    If the price turns out to be $500+, just spring for getting a gaming computer built together instead. Unlike a console that can't be upgraded over time hardware wise, a computer can. Besides, most games that come out on Sony platforms are multiplatform anyhow, and can be played on PC, unlike Nintendo who probably holds the record for most single platform games. I built my gaming rig for $700 and it should be able to play games at high levels for the next 5 to 10 years, tops.
    A $700 rig wont be able to handle intense graphical games at a decent frame rate for the next 5 to 10 years. No way in hell. Unless you somehow got a $800 graphics card for free, then you will not be using the system as it currently stands 5 years from now, let alone 10, and still acheiving maximum detail settings with decent frame rates.

Plus, the PS4 will be sporting 8GB of GDDR5 Memory and 8 cores of processing power. The memory speed alone beats any gaming PC around the face with a steel trudgen.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Personally, I'm absolutely fine with the ps3 right now. It's hard to really imagine what new things they can do with the ps4 other than faster load times and prettier graphics. I'm all for lovelier looking games, but I find the ps3 to be at a graphical happy point for me. We just have to buckle down and see the new features that come with a new console.