Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: #PlayStation2013

Quote Originally Posted by benanderson View Post
    A $700 rig wont be able to handle intense graphical games at a decent frame rate for the next 5 to 10 years. No way in hell. Unless you somehow got a $800 graphics card for free, then you will not be using the system as it currently stands 5 years from now, let alone 10, and still acheiving maximum detail settings with decent frame rates.
    Uh... yeah, you can. I've done it before.

Plus, the PS4 will be sporting 8GB of GDDR5 Memory and 8 cores of processing power. The memory speed alone beats any gaming PC around the face with a steel trudgen.
    8 cores doesn't mean much. Most of the 8 core processors on the market are actually worse than quad cores of a similar price. Not to mention the memory speed doesn't mean much when games don't even use that fast of memory speed yet.

Weasyl
    meris
    Plus, the PS4 will be sporting 8GB of GDDR5 Memory and 8 cores of processing power. The memory speed alone beats any gaming PC around the face with a steel trudgen.
    I've got 16 GB of DDR3 in my PC. Cost me about $70.

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I've got 16 GB of DDR3 in my PC. Cost me about $70.
    inb4 b-b-b-but it isn't GDDR5

GDDR5 is great but nothing needs memory speeds that fast yet.

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    Quote Originally Posted by benanderson View Post
    You say you're done with the Sony and XBOX BS yet you're considering teh Wii U? Thats the worst offender of the lot, charging an extortionate amount of money for something that would've been considered outdated three years ago.

The Steam Box?
    HA HA.
    Dude, its a Steam branded Linux PC, with the only model actually worth buying (with a decent graphics card and processor, which whats his face at valve called the "Best") costing just as much if not more than an actual gaming PC at around 800+.

Just build a silent running gaming PC and stick it under your TV. You'd save money and get the same experiance.

A $700 rig wont be able to handle intense graphical games at a decent frame rate for the next 5 to 10 years. No way in hell. Unless you somehow got a $800 graphics card for free, then you will not be using the system as it currently stands 5 years from now, let alone 10, and still acheiving maximum detail settings with decent frame rates.

You'd probably be right about the PC, which is actually being put together at this moment ( FINALLY)
    I haven't heard much about Nintendo pulling any shady shit like whats possibly going on with the XBox 720 ( not being able to buy used games, the code thing ect) do you have a link to anything so I know if I should be questioning Nintendo as well?

Either way, most of the xbox and PS games don't appeal to me right now. I'm not one for military/FPS games but I like a lot of whats Steam has up and I'm a sucker for pokemon so..

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    If they had released something like this 20 years ago I doubt people would be so bitchy about what it could do, because back then people were just fascinated about computers and how they work. We don't know for certain what the PS4 is capable yet, but sure does looks like it's got more higher ground than it's predecessors.

No idea what Microsoft is yet to reveal either yet, but I suppose they be announcing for the next xbox on the market at E3 2013, and their SmartGlass they talked about last year at E3 2012.

Very few games they showed at that small presentation they just had, but I bet they've got more and they just weren't ready to release the full content that's yet to come. Some games even had my interest, I was very interested in WatchDogs, looks very much like GTA, but more advanced world where you're in control of everything around you to do whatever you want.

I would probably stick with Wii U till I can be certain there will be more decent games to come to it yet, which there probably most likely will, I can probably imagine some already announced games from last year's E3 show.