Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pokemon

Weasyl
    Matt

Pokemon

Look at all the fun we're having.

You get Mew by saving at Lavender town, going west until you hit the last gambler, hit start right as he spots you for battle, fly to Cerulean City, go north and fight the youngster with the Slowpoke, and then... I believe you simply fly back to Lavender Town and walk one block west. It's been a few years since I've done it, though.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Judicant
    Why would you want to get Mew when you can easily just get a *insert ghost here*?

I mean let's face it, ghosts man.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    You get Mew by saving at Lavender town, going west until you hit the last gambler, hit start right as he spots you for battle, fly to Cerulean City, go north and fight the youngster with the Slowpoke, and then... I believe you simply fly back to Lavender Town and walk one block west. It's been a few years since I've done it, though.
    Actually, when you hit start and fly to Cerulean, you won't be able to bring out your start menu anymore, so you'll have to walk all the way back through the dark cave. Without flash.

I remember getting Mew by flying back. :/

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    I remember getting Mew by flying back. :/
    Which game was it ?

I remember doing it in Blue Version, I for sure didn't have to go through a cave, I definitely flew right back to Lavender Town and fought a level five Mew after taking one step into the route west of it.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I've gotten the Blue version Mew a different way.

Go to Cerulean city and walk into the patch of grass just west of nugget bridge. Catch an Abra. Then walk into the Line-of-sight of the youngster and press the "start" button -exactly- when the exclamation point comes up over his head. So instead of fighting, your start menu is open and you then use "teleport". Walk back up Nugget Bridge and on the bridge you will encounter Mew.

The glitches and exploitable bugs gave Blue and Red a lot of charm, imo. I never got any Pokemon games after them (besides many years later) so my many many hours with Blue Version are quite treasured.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I've gotten the Blue version Mew a different way.

Go to Cerulean city and walk into the patch of grass just west of nugget bridge. Catch an Abra. Then walk into the Line-of-sight of the youngster and press the "start" button -exactly- when the exclamation point comes up over his head. So instead of fighting, your start menu is open and you then use "teleport". Walk back up Nugget Bridge and on the bridge you will encounter Mew.
    Yep this is the one I used in Red version. Cart too, not a rom/emu :0