Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Pokemon

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    I personally don't see why 100% the Pokedex is important. I rather battle competitively anyhow.
    I'm not a competitive gamer at all, I'm a completionist that likes to finish all of the games that I play so something like this would bother me.

    Battling competitively has been made easier with online in the past few years for the people who do enjoy it though, which is nice.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  2. #62
    Premium User FishNChips's Avatar

    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    I'm not a competitive gamer at all, I'm a completionist that likes to finish all of the games that I play so something like this would bother me.

    Battling competitively has been made easier with online in the past few years for the people who do enjoy it though, which is nice.
    I agree with this, I've been kind of put off from Pokémon lately due to all the exclusive/event Pokémon and stuff. Nowadays the only way to truly catch 'em all is with the power of hax.

    It really kills off the spirit of the first couple of games, in my opinion. Now the whole Pokédex thing just feels pointless.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I agree with this, I've been kind of put off from Pokémon lately due to all the exclusive/event Pokémon and stuff. Nowadays the only way to truly catch 'em all is with the power of hax.
    It was always like that. You could never get Mew or Celebi legitimately without either going to a real world event or having a Japanese Crystal version.

    Besides, in the generation of Wi-fi trading over the Internet, it's fully possible to "catch them all".

    Also, it took me until Gen 3 till I could fill up just the Regional Pokedex in Emerald version, and I had to use Pokemon XD and Leafgreen to get Pokemon I couldn't in Emerald.

    It's just how Pokemon works. If you really want to fill up the Pokedexes, buy more games.

  4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #64
    Dr Cone Judicant's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Judicant
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    317
    Psh, who actually tries to fill up pokedexs? :v

    I still have fun with Pokemon, but I like to change it up every time I play. I try to choose pokemon based on what I like, and not what I think are 'the best' on the initial playthrough, and use ones that I haven't used in other playthroughs.

    Like in Black 2, so far I have a snivy, riolu, psyduck (god why), growlithe (why I've never used one, idk), and magnemite. Haven't found something I want to used for the sixth in my team yet, I have an Eevee but TO HELL WITH THAT.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicant View Post
    I have an Eevee but TO HELL WITH THAT.
    Eevee2mainstream

  6. #66
    Retired Staff Tiger's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    grrl
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicant View Post
    Psh, who actually tries to fill up pokedexs? :v

    I still have fun with Pokemon, but I like to change it up every time I play. I try to choose pokemon based on what I like, and not what I think are 'the best' on the initial playthrough, and use ones that I haven't used in other playthroughs.

    Like in Black 2, so far I have a snivy, riolu, psyduck (god why), growlithe (why I've never used one, idk), and magnemite. Haven't found something I want to used for the sixth in my team yet, I have an Eevee but TO HELL WITH THAT.
    I have a Growlithe, too, and a Lucario. I had a magnemite, ended up with a Eelektrik instead, and I chose Oshawott. Word of advice, if you plan on raising the Growlithe further, don't evolve it till level 39 so it will learn Crunch, otherwise it'll have Bite. Of course, Crunch is just one of my choice moves for it, it does have some other good move choices, too.

    Where did you get the Eevee? I've missed it, it seems.

  7. #67
    I've finally got a full team for my Black 2 via Mystery Eggs.

    I got a Combusken, Houndour, Gyarados, Gulpin, Zangoose, and a Pachirisu. Everybody is about level 25, and I'm leaving Nimbasa City.

  8. #68
    Retired Staff Tiger's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    grrl
    Posts
    1,287
    Found a trainer named Wesley. Just sayin'.

  9. #69
    Premium User Unburnt Daenerys's Avatar
    Weasyl
    meris
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    101
    Just beat Elesa! I've got Dewott, Growlithe, Lucario, Trapinch, and Sigilyph. Holy crap, Sigilyph kicks so much ass.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also my DS is starting to crack ;-; Looks like I might have to get a replacement soon.

  10. #70
    Junior Hlavco's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Hlavco
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tall grass
    Posts
    25
    I consider using the glitches on Red/Blue to get a mew to be a legitimate method, because you're not using any outside tools or cheating devices to do it. It's just something the game lets you do, whether the designers wanted it that way or not.

    The new games, though? Too many legendaries. There's gotta be like a dozen in Black and White, between the plotline and the real-world events. I liked the way Red and Blue did it, they let the fully-evolved starters have the covers of the games, and didn't say a peep about the legendaries. This allowed them to remain legendary, as you had to rely on your own exploration or trust your friends' wild playground rumors to find out they existed, how to get them, what was under that truck (it's pikablu!), etc.

    In regards to Black 2 and White 2, I don't have it yet. Waiting till Christmas and still working on finishing Black 1. I'm on Victory Road now.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •