Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Favourite OS

Weasyl
    JRWenzel
    Vista 64 ultimate for the time being.

If MS sticks with its current trend with Windows 8, I’ll have to eat my software investment and change platforms; most likely a flavor of Linux.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    I'm running FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p0 at the moment.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    Uhhhhhhh pretty sure "97" never existed and was in fact 98SE.
    Thats what I get for not proof reading and typing fast. It was 98. One key away makes all the difference. Glad you knew what I meant.

Weasyl
    Flygon

I love Windows 7. My favorite OS so far since 3.1.
    I've heard they've already discontinued it in favor of 8. I'm going to hold out for as long as possible. I've heard such terrible things about 8.

I've always been rather fond of MS-DOS 6.22 myself, probably since I started using computers before we had windows.

Although these days all 3 of my "main computers" I use on a daily basis use Windows 7 of some flavor. My laptop and my NAS/Secondary-Computer uses Win7 Ultimate x64. And my big "beast" the 4.8 ghz hexacore i7-980x uses Win7 Professional x64 .... for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    I love Windows 7. My favorite OS so far since 3.1.
    I've heard they've already discontinued it in favor of 8. I'm going to hold out for as long as possible. I've heard such terrible things about 8.
    To anyone that hasn't personally experienced windows 8 yet: Go to a local Brick`n`Mortar store (best buy, walmart, etc) and tell one of the sales folks you've never seen windows 8 yet and you'd like to look at it on one of their display models. Most of the time they'll help you and let you click around on it, and sometimes disable the "sales ads" that run on display models (that prevent you from accessing the actual windows GUI) and let you experiment with it. This way you can pretty much try Win8 for free without doing anything to your computer, and learn if you'd like it or not.
    Last edited by AquaVixen; 04-17-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaVixen View Post
    I've always been rather fond of MS-DOS 6.22 myself, probably since I started using computers before we had windows.

Although these days all 3 of my "main computers" I use on a daily basis use Windows 7 of some flavor. My laptop and my NAS/Secondary-Computer uses Win7 Ultimate x64. And my big "beast" the 4.8 ghz hexacore i7-980x uses Win7 Professional x64 .... for various reasons.

To anyone that hasn't personally experienced windows 8 yet: Go to a local Brick`n`Mortar store (best buy, walmart, etc) and tell one of the sales folks you've never seen windows 8 yet and you'd like to look at it on one of their display models. Most of the time they'll help you and let you click around on it, and sometimes disable the "sales ads" that run on display models (that prevent you from accessing the actual windows GUI) and let you experiment with it. This way you can pretty much try Win8 for free without doing anything to your computer, and learn if you'd like it or not.
    i was actually going to say dos as well. My first PC was an XT with an orange and black Hercules monitor.
    Last edited by Tiamat; 04-17-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie
    Don't really have a favorite but so far I like Windows 7 the most, especially being able yo pin your favorite programs to the toolbar.

I really miss Windows 98, though mostly for nostalgia reasons. Otherwise, I've had good luck with Windows 7. I'll probably stick with it as long as I can, since the design of Windows 8 isn't impressing me.

Arch Linux for ground-up customization and bleeding-edge breakage.