Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Favourite OS

Ubuntu 12.10 is alright. The only downside is that I can't play my Steam games on it, since my laptop can't render in OpenGL 3.0.

But then again, why limit myself to one OS? I run Win 7 (going to upgrade to 8) and Ubuntu on my laptop, and on the desktop I'm building I'm gonna keep it 7.

I've got a four year old laptop (that's outdated long before I bought it) and still toting Vista like a pimp.

Haters gonna hate.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Weasyl
    Taw
    I've used quite a few different Operating Systems over the years, '98, Millenium, XP, Vista, 7, Ubuntu 8 through 12, some random Mac ones I forget the names of, etc.

Personally I prefer 7, primarily because it supports all my games and programs extremely easily with no problems for the most part, and because I've used Windows for most of my life. Video editing is nice on Macs and such, and Ubuntu is nice for some things, but I find Windows is the easiest for me to work with. I know it really depends on what your job is and hobbies, but it suits me perfectly fine. c:

As for 8 - I don't plan to use it unless necessary; though one of my wallpapers was used as a desktop in a review for it!

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    I've stuck to the Microsoft Windows OS since I started using computers, never used anything else. Windows 95 was crap, all I ever used it for was Minesweeper... though I was 4. Windows 98 was the same damn thing? All I did was watch my older sister use AltaVista and late-90's email clients. Windows XP was plain terrible, lets forget that it ever existed. I've used a Mac OS before and it ain't worth the price

The only one I've used extensively is Windows7. It was great while it was current but I like using the latest OS releases :L but Windows8 is just... no thanks

And now I use Ubuntu, there are insignificant issues but it beats Windows8 by far
    Last edited by Dreaming; 01-01-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Since starting off with my first PC I've used: Windows 3.1.1 for workgroups, Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4, XP, Vista, 7 and 8, Ubuntu (lots of versions), fedora (again, lots) and Mac OS X (A fair few versions).

I'd have to say that out of them all Windows 7 has to be my preferred OS. Mainly as it's stable (enough), recent, and doesn't have the (cr)app based interface of Windows 8. Sure, I could upgrade and disable it all, but then I'm as well sticking with 7 which works out the box

Weasyl
    Brace
    I guess Linux Mint. Windows 7 is nice as well though.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    Well I have had a ton of them.
    Windows 98 for its simplicity and the fact that is used up like 1% of your memory.
    Then Windows XP, it looked good and you could tweak it where it used almost no memory, looked good and ran everything.

I wish windows was more like XP.

Vista, 2000k, 1995, 7, All sucked in my opinion.

Linux was awesome but I got tired of messing with it to make my programs work.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 04-13-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Linux.

OpenSUSE for life.

Weasyl
    Sinabu
    I use a little bit of everything but would have to say Windows for all around daily use.

My main PC is Windows 7 while my laptop is windows 8. I also have an ipad for couch surfing and email along with my cell which is windows phone 8.

Weasyl
    Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Windows 97
    Uhhhhhhh pretty sure "97" never existed and was in fact 98SE.
    Meanwhile, in #CoE...

[20:12:26] <+Dark> "He's dead, Jim."
    [20:14:11] <Nate|phone> My name's not Jim
    [20:14:20] <Nate|phone> And Starr's not a guy
    [20:15:18] <Nate|phone> ...
    [20:17:20] <+Cerberus> And Shadow's not a callgirl.
    [20:17:52] <+Dark> LOL