Thread: Police furs?

Police furs?

I'm a cop, and I work in a pretty rough city. Just wondering if there are any other police furs on Weasyl.. Other First Responders, feel free to reply as well! I'd love to hear how some other furries deal with the high-stress job that is law enforcement. Maybe stories about people you've encountered, or experiences you've had. Do your coworkers know you're a furry? What do they think of furries?

I may add what city I work in later, but for now I'll leave that out.

Weasyl
    Tango
    I work as a security supervisor. I know of one fur in my area that's with the sheriff's department here. I'm sure there are other military/law enforcement furs here.

Sanita
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    N/A
    I've wanted to be a cop for a while but after a time, i realized that it wasn't for me. Now I'm still wanting to be in the criminal justice department but I'm going to be more centered in the forensic science department.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Signy
    I haven't had the opportunity to meet allot of furs in law enforcement, though I've known a few that were EMTs. I think it's more common to run into fandom members who are in the military - like myself :3 - than it is find police.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Calligraphy View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to meet allot of furs in law enforcement, though I've known a few that were EMTs. I think it's more common to run into fandom members who are in the military - like myself :3 - than it is find police.

This is true. I happen to be former military (USMC 0351 assaultman). What branch were you, Calligraphy?

Sanita
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Signy
    IC Site Tech, USN. I had my heart set on DDGs, but Carrier billets rule my gender.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Calligraphy View Post
    IC Site Tech, USN. I had my heart set on DDGs, but Carrier billets rule my gender.
    Sorry to hear that. Are you still in?

Sanita

Weasyl
    RogueSareth
    I attempted to get training through the military 9 by going in as an MP and then taking the State Trooper test later) But unfortunately i have heart palps and they wouldn't let me in.

Still looking into a way of joining the force other ways. Most of my family have been Military, Firefighters or EMT so it its always been one of my 'dream" jobs.