Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: PDF Support?

Weasyl
    Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by Irbisgreif View Post
    IIRC, doesn't Adobe require payment before you can embed PDFs?
    I don't think so. Else, I'd've been getting sued out the ass by them for creatively using Google Docs to embed PDFs on my website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    I don't think so. Else, I'd've been getting sued out the ass by them for creatively using Google Docs to embed PDFs on my website.
    Never underestimate the power of Adobe to charge stupid fees for basic tools.

Have there been any news on this front?

Would transitioning over to premium allow the upload of PDFs? I'd really like to upload both sheet music and my large collection of stories. My commission business is kind of dead without the ability to showcase my work.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    As cool as it would be to have things such as sheet music on the site itself, the logistics for supporting the PDF format prove to be rather difficult, if not nigh impossible to do so securely and safely. The format is so complicated and flawed that it tends to be more of a liability to support it than anything. So sadly, I don't believe we'll have support for PDFs in the future.

If there exists a safe way of handling and rendering PDF files, though, I don't see why we couldn't support it. But right now, I know of no such thing.

edit: Let me clarify: we won't be able to handle PDF files directly. We should have a way of handling them in some way or another in the future, however.
    Last edited by Struguri; 09-17-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiShuiJing View Post
    As cool as it would be to have things such as sheet music on the site itself, the logistics for supporting the PDF format prove to be rather difficult, if not nigh impossible to do so securely and safely. The format is so complicated and flawed that it tends to be more of a liability to support it than anything. So sadly, I don't believe we'll have support for PDFs in the future.

If there exists a safe way of handling and rendering PDF files, though, I don't see why we couldn't support it. But right now, I know of no such thing.

edit: Let me clarify: we won't be able to handle PDF files directly. We should have a way of handling them in some way or another in the future, however.
    *sighs*

Guess that's it then, my business is dead.
    Last edited by Irbisgreif; 09-17-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Comma placement

Quote Originally Posted by ZiShuiJing View Post
    http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/

fall back to a link with `Content-Disposition: attachment`

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Hey, happy to let you know we do have PDF support in the form of googledoc embedding. Check here about how to go about using the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Hey, happy to let you know we do have PDF support in the form of googledoc embedding. Check here about how to go about using the feature.
    So... I have to be willing to hand them over to Google in order to put them up on here?

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Irbisgreif View Post
    So... I have to be willing to hand them over to Google in order to put them up on here?
    They need to be uploaded to your Google Drive account and embedded here, so yes, kind of.