Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Explain your Fursona!

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Mine's just a recycled older wolf character that I got overly attached to. Started off as an oh-so-tragic orphan with a heinously complicated backstory that I've since scrapped, and a corny-as-hell perfectly-straight eye scar that I moved and made asymmetrical to at least look like she might've just gotten into a bar fight or something.

Why not start fresh? Eh, I dunno. I redrew her once for the hell of it, and I just got reattached to her dour, depressed, substance-abusing personality. Eventually just ended up drawing her in pieces that were basically vehicles for dealing with stuff I was dealing with, and shit, I guess I've got a fursona now, for all intents and purposes.

I seem to frequently draw her with my old fursona, who is by all means much more visually interesting. But 'mopey and plain' seems to fit me better than 'overly energetic and aggressive', which is what the stripey one has become, so, eh.

I've considered making just a plain ol' fuzzy stand-in for myself, literally just 'me as a deer/rabbit/whatever' but I have so little interest in drawing straight-up self portraits. I'd much rather draw characters I just identify strongly with, who are not actually supposed to be me.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

My fursona is Claribelle (I really need to redo their ref) at first they were just supposed to be an OC, but as soon as I saw their design I just connected, I've always loved ungulates and reptiles, so a mix of the two is perfect! They're basically me, so not much on the backstory beside my own, and they're usually a good way for me to express my anxiety and stress, drawing generally calms me so yeah... I'm really glad that their design is often considered unique, as I like to stand out from the crowd usually (but then getting anxious about it godammit me)

Weasyl
    TheLexicon
    My art skills are too terrible to draw all my fursonas. They all represent an aspect of myself. I cannot be represented by one personality.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Each one of mine represents a certain aspect of me. So far, only 3 can be used.

Enfys Ellezard : Purple gecko (digimon ._.). This one is for the cute and trollish side.

Sarnu Lightwind : Birdy. For the wise and serious side. If I start arguing with you using facts and stuffs, you can probably imagine the fact I have when I'm arguing with you now.

Volfram Silverfang : The wolf with blue lining for the MAN IN ME.

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    I've got four fursonas, but my main is Terrance.

He's my height and weight, 5'3" / 110lbs
    He's loud, rude and crude. He can have a short fuse, but most of the time is just looking to have fun. Easily irritated by mopey-ness. He's really into the pop punk and post-hardcore scene and the music that accompanies it. Way too social for his own good, he gets upset easily when he's alone.
    His design is based off of myself as well. We share the same hairstyle and build, and he's got all facial piercings/modifications that I'd like. His design is simple since I'm more partial to simplicity in a character, it gives more room for outfit choice I think.

Other fursonas are Tyree (jackal), Rhett (desert cottontail/Belgian hare) and Jaunt (gremlin creature). They all have their reasons/explanations but I don't feel like going on about them right now lmao

She's lame, messy looking and probably smells like a pizza
    -insert something sarcastic/moody here-

Weasyl
    Solaris-Meadow
    A lot of my characters each represent a different aspect of my personality (unless the character's were based on people I know or I just get an idea for some wacky, out-there character) but i do have one that I use for the express purpose of representing myself. Meadow is usually a stand-in for myself in drawings and her appearance is loosely based off of me and the accessories she wears (glasses and flower) are based on what I wear in RL, though sometimes I like to draw her without glasses 'cause I hate wearing glasses myself u.u

She used to be a lion when I was younger but I sort of see a cat fitting me better since lions are big animals and I'm not so big X3 Her appearance has gone through a few changes and her personality is equal to mine. As such I never like to rp Meadow since I'd feel like I'm rping myself and that's weird for me lol.

Weasyl
    Kitten

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Your art is enviable, it's great to see stuff like this. Breath of fresh air <3 <3
    My 'sona is a machine. To put it into the most layman's nutshell perspective, that would sum it up. A machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.