Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Kill/turn offs with movies

Alrighty, now. I know it is normal to ask 'what do you like most in movies?', but I don't want to be normal.

I want to know what things in Movies(Or extended TV shows) that just makes you want to plain out stop watching that current movie or episode.

For me, the basics, or Movies cutting out some good parts, or changing fun parts of books to make it easy to make the movie.

Hollywood rushing certain info from said books, Comics, TV shows because they 'felt its unimportant'(Like they did with the Avatar: The Last Air Bender movie.)

But my biggest tick off for any movie and show is the 'Reunites with long lost family and friends' thing. I know it is suppose to be a commedy, but it just makes me want to cover my face and cry, even when it is my favorite show or movie. Thus I end up turning the movie off, or leave the room if someone else is trying to watch said movie.

So what do you guys find sad, and or stupid, it makes you not want to watch the movie any further then that?

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Every single modern movie (Wrath of the Titans, the Lightning Thief and other 21st century movies) based of Greek mythology make me irate since they're an insult to Greece.

Ah If at that, then might as well talk in reply of how I hate when Hollywood tries to to remake old moveis, and current shows, that were meant for doing other cultures myths'. Like the Avatar Movie, Hollywood pretty much ran Aang's, and his friends names through the mub, and made everyone else super dumb. Like with the Episode of Earth bender on the metal island prison, in that movie, they were on main land in a prison of stone, wood and dirt, yet the earth benders had their will broken because of the metal tanks. Even with Aang in the movie going to the Spirit world for Guidence, he went to a Dragon that stayed silent, rather than go to his previous Life Avatar for help. Oh and Even Fire Benders were made less scary in the movie, with how they can only bend presently active fire, can't randomly breathe out fire, or spawn fire from the palms of their hands and feet.

Then there goes Hollywood's 'Dragonball Z Evolution' movie, where Goku is eighteen and in highschool, while living with his Grandpa(Who doesn't die till Goku's birthday), and ChiChi actually takes Martial arts classes, while being a popular student. While Goku's Saiyan Ape form is a loyal Follower of Picolo.
    Last edited by Sendo Eevpix; 02-13-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Animated movies that recycle the same plot/gags over and over and over and over and over and over again. I got soooooooo annoyed by this when I saw Robots last week. It had the same framework and story beats I've seen in so many other cartoons I can't even count them, right down to the Robin Williams schtick.

Oh Yes.
    I usually stand up to about two movies that are recycles, at a time. Two of the Five Green Lanterns. Well then again, if I remember correctly, one of those Green Lantern movies weren't about Hal getting Abin Surs Ring, and becoming a Green Lantern, it was about Hal Fighting Abin Sur's son, and trying to bring Sinestro and the Man Hunters down. Two of the 'umpteenth' Justice League stuff. Other then that, I don't like to pay attention to Hollywood's recycled classics, 'much'.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Movies when women play the stereotypical "damsel in distress". They contribute nothing besides being something for a hero to rescue. My dad and I love to watch old, black and white sci-fi movies, but I always get irritated when it's all about a pretty lady who screams at everything and the hero needs to destroy the monsters/aliens or whatever to save her.

I'd much rather watch a movie that has a female lead/co-lead who kicks serious ass.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I admit, sex scenes are pointless and are just annoying. It's like my mom and I sit down to watch a good action movie and then boom, a few awkwardly silent minutes pass by while the actors rub each other.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I admit, sex scenes are pointless and are just annoying. It's like my mom and I sit down to watch a good action movie and then boom, a few awkwardly silent minutes pass by while the actors rub each other.
    Couldn't agree more. Besides, those scenes aren't furry enough for me :V

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Movies when women play the stereotypical "damsel in distress". They contribute nothing besides being something for a hero to rescue. My dad and I love to watch old, black and white sci-fi movies, but I always get irritated when it's all about a pretty lady who screams at everything and the hero needs to destroy the monsters/aliens or whatever to save her.

I'd much rather watch a movie that has a female lead/co-lead who kicks serious ass.
    I haven't watched much movies in anyway like those so I really can't agree or disagree. All I can joke about is, you must like that 'Tangled' movie by Disney.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosr View Post
    I know a movie will fall flat if there is a sex scene within the first 15 minutes. Some manage to pull through, but I guess the potential event of female mammaries appearing again is supposed to keep some people watching all of the nonsense afterwards.
    I also abhor the “Save the children no matter what!” nonsense. Good work, the baby is alive but anybody capable of looking after it is dead. I am instantly impressed with any screenwriter or director that has the brass to show juveniles dying in their movie.
    Meh. I only know like one movie that even has 'suggested sex moments before cameras came on these guys' thing in first ten. Though that wasn't why I ended up not liking the movie.

Then you might like Steven Kings 'Children of the Corn' book and the movie based off it. For the reasons were that the Kids are all demons believing Satins lies of being Christ, turning the kids into demons, who mindlessly kill anyone older then eighteen, because Satin told them how Children are with innocence that adults would no longer have, with adults being pure greed(Obviously true to a degree) even each other, while having sex just to make a new baby, a few months before the oldest girl turns eighteen and is forced to die. Memorable line I can tell you is that the one eighteen year old guy says to the girl he just had sex with before he was killed was 'Be sure to raise our child to love religion and to hate the rest of the world.'.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosr View Post
    I know a movie will fall flat if there is a sex scene within the first 15 minutes. Some manage to pull through, but I guess the potential event of female mammaries appearing again is supposed to keep some people watching all of the nonsense afterwards.
    To further back this point: The Room had 2 sex scenes within the first 15 minutes