Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I admit, sex scenes are pointless and are just annoying. It's like my mom and I sit down to watch a good action movie and then boom, a few awkwardly silent minutes pass by while the actors rub each other.
    Well lucky me, mom has a knack for getting movies like those, where the teens trying to have sex, are brutally killed, Horror movies, and or action movies where something big happens right before the main character can even try to strip him or herself down.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendo Eevpix View Post
    I haven't watched much movies in anyway like those so I really can't agree or disagree. All I can joke about is, you must like that 'Tangled' movie by Disney.
    Tangled is awesome. She beats the shit outta baddies with a frying pan.

Go hit-up some old sci-fi movies. There's enough women screaming in panic and horror to kill your eardrums pretty quick. My dad and I love the cheesy ones, but 9 times out of 10 in the end it's always a "guy saves a girl" thing.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendo Eevpix View Post
    Well lucky me, mom has a knack for getting movies like those, where the teens trying to have sex, are brutally killed, Horror movies, and or action movies where something big happens right before the main character can even try to strip him or herself down.
    Your mom has good taste in movie. I'm usually the one who chooses movies to watch but I have a knack for finding the movies with the most awkward sex scenes. #FML

You guys are lucky. 99% of the time when I watch a movie with my mom it's a cliched domestic drama where the woman in an abusive relationship stumbles upon a young, handsome man that beats the shit out of the abusive guy and marries her, with eccentric family members providing color commentary and platitudes throughout.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    You guys are lucky. 99% of the time when I watch a movie with my mom it's a cliched domestic drama where the woman in an abusive relationship stumbles upon a young, handsome man that beats the shit out of the abusive guy and marries her, with eccentric family members providing color commentary and platitudes throughout.
    My mom prefers action movies, thrillers, cop/detective and other stuff where stuff actually happens

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    I think everyone is tired of the "liar revealed" scene.

It's the one where a good hearted yet foolish character (typically male) has their secret revealed to their peers almost always followed by moping from said character and their love interest. And 90% of the time you know they'll be forgiven later for a happily ever after.

It's trite, it's insulting, it's been done to death.

How about the scene where the protagonist says something stupid that has his friends (they're all with him in this scene) look sad or shake their heads, then walk away, leaving him alone and bewildered or apologetic. So corny.

Weasyl
    oly
    anything that is really cliche

some of my favorite movies are In Bruges, Botched, Fear and Loathing, Weirdsville, Little Miss Sunshine, There Will Be Blood, Blade Runner, Natural Born Killers...

Not that all of those are completely devoid of cliche, but they don't run on them, they all have scenes that just take you from left field, and they all have brilliant acting.

Once thigns start getting too plot device-y, unless of course the whole intent is to overdo shlock and put a twist on it - which is easy to do badly - I'm just out. Me am gone bye~eeeee~ee...

Weasyl
    Dark
    Modern horror movies. They're not scary in the slightest and are literally only worth ridiculing.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Weasyl
    Taw
    It completely ruins the movie for me if I hear the wilhelm scream used. It's so overused. :L It makes me no longer absorbed in the movie and just plain ruins it for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream