Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Relationship Standards?

Weasyl
    Algorithmus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercougar View Post
    I don't understand this part of your post. Are you saying you're a homosexual? That you have some kink you don't share with most of the population? That you have a low libido...?
    No actually, there's nothing wrong with my libido, and even if it were low, it wouldn't be a problem, so long as I'm not unhappy with it. I just don't enjoy the idea of penis in vagina sex, and I tend to find too many people think that that's the only way to have sex, when there are many ways of doing it (some even safer than said mentioned method. And no, I am NOT referring to anal either.) In fact, sex doesn't mean you have to stick something somewhere inside someone else. And if that's not your idea of sex, then fine, I guess I'm not having sex, and if potential *ja right* spouses have a problem with that then I don't care; it isn't my problem, and they can go find someone else. But there seems to be this assumption that if you don't enjoy heteronormative sex, there's something wrong with you. There are just way too many people that are disillusioned about how people have to have sex, including about how they themselves do it, and I feel like finding someone who won't mind if I don't subscribe to heteronormative sex would be fairly unlikely, and what I do get off to doesn't require other people anyways. I'd go into other ways people can be happy with not heteronormative sex, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to be talking about something like that in the general chat area, so if you're interested in what those are, feel free to PM me or something.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    ^TL;DR: Straight sex is too mainstream.

As for me, I'd love someone who doesn't shove his religion in my face and tries to control every aspect of my life. Someone who isn't a close-minded bigot, too much into politics, overzealous, and who isn't the type to think s/he's the only person I should talk to. I have friends I talk to every day, I sometimes use offensive words jokingly so don't be a stuck-up prude. I'm a huge gamer (as in I can spend 15 hours per day playing games, easily) and I either hum, whistle or sing all the time. If you can't bear with it, forget about me.

Also, if you like spicy/hot food, you'll love my cooking. Yes, I cook and it's delicious. (it's nothing fancy, though)

Then again, I usually choose who I love 'cause I'm weird like that so if you're one of my friends and you randomly decide you suddenly love me then boom, I might just decide to love you too! I choose my friends well.

I think this topic it´s pretty difficult to discuss objectively because if you don´t have a relationship you think it´s a shit but if you actually have it you love this day. I´ve had had some relationships a few years ago and know is the first time that I´m alone because I want to be alone and know I understand that Saint Valentines Day is just an industrial day, just another day created by industries just to make money because, if you have a relationship and you really love the other one you love him or her and you show what you feel every day not only on Saint Valentines Day. Of course if I had a relationship right now tomorrow will be special, but not a day to love my boyfriend, just a day to celebrate every day that I would have passed with him and the days that I would like to pass with him. Know that I´m single, and so happy to be single, I understand that tomorrow´s not a day to be sad or depressed for not having a couple, it´s just a day to celebrate that being single is only what I need right now.

I'm already in a relationship with my left hand, and I don't do polygamy.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    I must find a woman that lets me play games all day with no complaining! "Hunny it's our anniversary! Lets go out" "No, I got a raid to do in my game!".

Oh and she has to sign a paper that says if she cheats she has to poke her eyeballs out with a pen. :3

Weasyl
    richihart
    Don't be offended but I find some standards of some users above kind of a little bit stereotypical. It's not bad though, but it seems some of you, lads, have never had any serious relationships or too young to have some. I love the words: 'Love will find a way'. If you love your partner then nothing does matter. The real love ruins all of your standards someday.
    I have never thought I could love that guy... but, gee... He broke every rule I used to have.
    And yeah, love is not all about sex and kids. It's much more than that. And most of standards you have named here go without saying.

Weasyl
    Algorithmus
    Quote Originally Posted by RichiHart View Post
    Don't be offended but I find some standards of some users above kind of a little bit stereotypical. It's not bad though, but it seems some of you, lads, have never had any serious relationships or too young to have some. I love the words: 'Love will find a way'. If you love your partner then nothing does matter. The real love ruins all of your standards someday.
    I have never thought I could love that guy... but, gee... He broke every rule I used to have.
    And yeah, love is not all about sex and kids. It's much more than that. And most of standards you have named here go without saying.
    How can you be so sure it will?

I've seen people come from all walks of life. Some have found lasting relationships, and others have not. I know of friends who had boyfriends/girlfriends for as long as 7 years, and they ended up breaking up anyways. Some people have remained single their entire lives, some people only stay together because they have kids, other people don't because they have kids, a few people do stay happily together forever, and you can find relationships or lack thereof everywhere in between. Just because there are people out there who have experienced no interest in love and suddenly find they are in love doesn't mean everyone else who isn't interested will experience the same thing. If you are happy with it, I'm happy for you, but it's entirely possible that relationships and love just aren't for everyone. Different stripes for different folks.

Weasyl
    richihart
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorithmus View Post
    How can you be so sure it will?

I've seen people come from all walks of life. Some have found lasting relationships, and others have not. I know of friends who had boyfriends/girlfriends for as long as 7 years, and they ended up breaking up anyways. Some people have remained single their entire lives, some people only stay together because they have kids, other people don't because they have kids, a few people do stay happily together forever, and you can find relationships or lack thereof everywhere in between. Just because there are people out there who have experienced no interest in love and suddenly find they are in love doesn't mean everyone else who isn't interested will experience the same thing. If you are happy with it, I'm happy for you, but it's entirely possible that relationships and love just aren't for everyone. Different stripes for different folks.
    I have never met any people who are have never been in relationships and have never had any love. And my circle of friends are over 40-50 years old for some reason. It just needs time. Otherwise the asexuality is something like psychological problem. If you are doing great with being alone it's good but you will fall for somebody eventually. You will see. If not so it's an alarming issue since we are all mammals.
    Last edited by FaunGirl; 02-15-2013 at 04:07 PM.

I'm far from asexual, but I REALLY don't like how people assume that asexuals are mentally damaged. People are born with underdeveloped organs...without limbs...blind...deaf. With learning disabilities. With aptitudes for physical labor, or for academic learning. Some people are literally born without a conscience (clinical psychopaths). So why on earth could a person not be born without a libido? It's just silly.

Weasyl
    Tango
    They have to be able to do one of the following for me: Out fight me, out drink me, or out fuck me.

As you can see, I have rather high standards.

Sanita
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?