Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Scalie Appreciation Thread

Who's got a scalie (reptile/dragon) character? I do not, but I do appreciate the charms of reptiles. Ever since I read that reptiles can be trained my admiration has grown for them. And they come in such pretty colors!

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I actually do have one, kind of. My fursona in dragon form. But it's been probably 2 years since I even bothered drawing her. Kinda makes me want to draw her again. But a good friend of mine is working on designing her dragon fursona, and it looks really cool.

As far as IRL goes, my sister is working to get a bearded dragon. He's awesome!

Weasyl
    Tango
    Okay problem I have with scalies (especially dragons) is that almost every single one is bat-shit insane. Maybe it's just me and I'm not trying to be an asshole but it seems to be the rule of the day. I'm likely wrong but that's just my experience.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosr View Post
    I've heard of that stereotype a few weeks ago, in a group that I decided to leave for the sake of my own sanity. I assume “Scalies” is a Furry Fandom specific term, but I know that Dragons are not. I am not sure of the general bias for or against furries with draconic personas, but outside of that, there are far too many Dragon fanatics to clump into the “bat-shit insane” category because of one subculture.
    I really need to pay attention to the threads I post in.
    I'm just saying -my personal experience-. I'm not flinging shit at you. From what I've seen you seem pretty cool. Again, personal experience. I still have one that wants me to fly to Mississippi to meet him IRL after a RP session in SecondLife.

Well I know a lot of scalies (as in reptile lovers in the furry fandom) often feel marginalized because most people's fursonas are, well, mammals. I see a fair smattering of dragons, but other than that I really don't see reptile characters in the fandom too often.

Weasyl
    JustinMoore
    I'm a dragon. Everyone wants me. Enough said. ^.=.~

Okay, no. XD I'm not THAT egotistical. But I think a dragon fits my real life personality very well. Self-confident, intelligent, mature, proud, multi-talented, sexy, but ultimately a romantic type. In other words, anyone would be damn luck to have me in their lives. ^.=.^

Weasyl
    GingerM
    I do have a scalie character; her name is Sh'sthress. I've never really settled on a specific breed for her, and it's probable that she's a mix. Certainly she has some attributes of venomous snakes (hollow fangs, venom sac, etc.), but also of raptors. She's quite petite - only 4 ft 10 in tall - and shy: https://www.weasyl.com/character/2044
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    My 'sona is a scalie. Technically a warm-blooded reptile but that general jazz. I created the Echoloians because normal anthros just seemed impractical with that body fur. Scalies to me seem to be a more appropriate analogue for human activities.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I like scalies a lot. I wish there were more of them.

Dragon here, and only a little insane. *sets fire to everything*